Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What is your most embarrassing/awkward childhood experience?

Message 11 of 18

It's really only embarrassing in retrospect. When I was three, I was singing in a Christmas pagent at Church when my panties fell off. Non plussed I just stepped out of them and kept singing!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18

My Dad was playing Santa Claus one year, and his boss lived next door to us (that is a whole other story!) and told me to call there and tell him to put his kids in another room as he was coming in the back door.  I called and quickly rattled off that message.  There was silence on the other end and a voice asked, "Who is this?"  Yep!  Wrong number!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

Way to many to pick just one. Pretty much everday I was an embarrasment to someone or someting.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18

That's your most embarrassing childhood experience??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18

The earliest embarrassing thing I can remember was when I was about three years old.  I was taught about the phone at a very early age because my father was self-employed and our house was also his office.  I was taught to answer the phone in a business-like voice.  I was not taught about how to call someone, but I somehow figured it out, or thought I did.

I tried to call my favorite uncle.  I might have just dialed random numbers because it was before I knew how to read.  Anyway a man answered the phone who I thought was Uncle Bill.  I don't think I told him who I was, but just started to talk to him.  I don't remember what I told him or how long I talked before I finally learned I was talking to a total stranger.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

You're lucky!

That's fairly mild!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18

I told a joke with a very adult punch line around 5th grade.

The teacher was not happy and sent me too the principals office where he told me why it was not appropriate for someone my age to have told in school. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

What is your most embarrassing/awkward childhood experience?

Message 18 of 18

Hi, I was at a party a few nights ago and this question got asked and it became a discussion point for the next two hours!!!

Would anyone like to share their most embarrassing/awkward childhood experiences?

Kudos
Views
Replies