From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What do you collect? Repeat.

Message 11 of 50

@cw88217029 wrote:

I have an extensive CD and book collection. I also use to collect swans. However when I turned 65 all collecting stopped. I am attempting to be a minimalist. As I age less is better...

P.S.-I had a friend who had collected 500 salt & pepper sets over the decades in her travels etc. When she died, nobody (friends/family) wnated it. That made an impact on me.

There are many reasons for not wanting something. Practicality is one. That doesn't mean the interest isn't there. Practicality stops a lot of people dead in their tracks and become minimalists. Necessity might be the mother of invention, but it has a down-side, too. But then again, maybe it was lack of interest.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 50

@e453918g wrote:

Egg cups,  I have about 20 most of them are old.

I remember those. I used to eat soft boiled eggs out of them when I was a kid.

I don't think they're around anymore. Have no idea when that happened.

Maybe there are no more new ones.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 50

I have an extensive CD and book collection. I also use to collect swans. However when I turned 65 all collecting stopped. I am attempting to be a minimalist. As I age less is better...

P.S.-I had a friend who had collected 500 salt & pepper sets over the decades in her travels etc. When she died, nobody (friends/family) wnated it. That made an impact on me.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 50

Egg cups,  I have about 20 most of them are old.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 50

I too have a sizable music CD collection, and still buy them occasionally. My first purchase was Dave Grusin's, One of a kind. Mostly jazz, but decent

r & b/pop, gospel, blues, and comedy mini collections.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 50

I collected antique quilts for 30 years. Have some beauties and some not so nice. I bought the best I could afford. Sometimes that wasn't much when raising children. Downsizing the collection now, but the market is depressed.

Janis

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 50

Not exactly a 'collection', but I do have 5 electric guitars, two mandolins and a four string Fender electric Mandocaster, a couple of acoustic guitars, a bass guitar and 4 amps.   I also have over 150 of my father-in-law's hand made wooden top water bass baits.  Oh ....... and around 100 pocket knives.

And then there are golf clubs ...................

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 50

I am not much of a collector.  I do have A bell collection.  My three kids played in a bell choir, and I thought bells were an in-expensive gift my children could give me for gifts, and it has evolved in bells from rummage sale, homemade bells, and some rather huge bells. I have a room full of albums of photographs, memories and memories.  hopefully my photographs will not let me forget... as the electronic age and digital elvolved for me, now it's tons of discs and drives, nothing of value, only to me.

PJ
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 50

I've collected cups with unique sayings, refrigerator magnets, keepsakes from trips, different translations of the Bible, books, books, books and of course all the art work of my now adult children. Presently, I simply collect interesting articles from the printed pages of the newspapers where my children live. I do so to read to them the news articles they miss by getting their news online only. My other favorite collection is magazines that I read and later recycle to a juvenile detention center. I've learned that these young people have low reading scores and will read books with colorful pictures, such as magazines before reading a book. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 50

I have a small collection of mortars and pestles from all over the world.  Love herbs, so these were a natural progression 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season