AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What do you collect? Repeat.

Message 21 of 50

I collect unique keychains from anywhere I can get one. I have all 50 states, businesses, and from overseas. I ask friends when they travel to please bring me back a keychain. I have hundreds of them.

I also have a collections of Eeyores. I have stuffed ones, figurines, ornaments, toys, and many others. My home office is covered with Eeyores.

I also collect the solar animals and characters. The ones that you can by in dollar stores. They stay in my office at work. When my coworkers come in they always look to see if I have any new ones. The little figures always put a smile on their faces.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 50

Thankfully my 16 how's that for a speed records went with the Nightingale crank, crank phonograph and my dang it, let me change needles. Is this a low, medium or high volume needle.

No such thing as volume control, then. Course I erred in judgment, and also let someone go through my ops and now, have belt driven state of art 1990-ish strobe equipped phonograph and no records- drat.

Frozen 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 50

Went thru several collections. First was model cars that I put together from kits.

Then I collected silver coins when the government went "sandwich".

Then I collected music records. 45s & LPs.

When I was in the Navy, I collected Zippo ciggarette lighters with the logos of all the boats people I met were on. I even had one from NR-1, Admiral Rickover's pride & joy. Wish I still had them all. I even had a couple from the UK when I was ported in Scotland.

Don't have the Space-Time for collections anymore.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 50

@2Papa

When your ready to begin with cash on hand, get back to me on that. Friend in business of collectibles only one 55 Bentley has crossed my palms since '72, when some comedian/host was working at approx 1118 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston as driver. He had this really big jaw, Foreign Motors.😇

@Faye1188

The Glass negatives came with a check for delivering intact and a round trip ticket on an air service, that has recently made the news.

Trust me your not ready for freight to AK from ME, even with a vacuum packed crate for might arrive intact.

I just took the easy way out with leaded crystal show up, pay up front And if it breaks it's your problem. Check was cashed immediately.

CYA especially in the 5 figure amounts.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 50

Aside from problems?  Dream catchers a little bit.  Have had tons of books but eventually drop them off due to space problems.  I'm living in the house I grew up in as a kid, since I was 15 at least. So lots of memories here.  Have really disposed of a lot of stuff.  My dad was the collector, loved antiques.  

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 50

I collect spurs and Old West belt buckles.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 50

I collect Rolls Royce cars but I don't have any yet.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 50
Thanks for advice. Probably right about shipping as I live in Alaska.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 50

@MainelyRick

Check out some of the newsgroups on internet that's how I unloaded a antique collector cousins stacks of around 1000 plate glass negatives of WWI and WWII, one set for each war.

Some did eventually wend their way via carry on luggage to Netherlands, wrapped in several pairs of delicates.

I know AARP cuss filter would have a field day if I even attempted to say airport name.

All DID arrive intact, their carrier me not so much 14 hours lugging 300 8x10 or 11x 14 glass plates.😎

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 50

I've had different collections over the years, but over the past few years, I have been in de-collect mode. I really hate clutter, and space was getting to be an issue with so much stuff. A kitchen remodel, a few years ago, took out a good bit of stuff. Everything that went back in, had to have a place, but I still have a fair amount of art pottery collected.

I also had a fairly good size teddy bear collection at one time. Finally narrowed it down to a few special ones that fit in the bedroom corner, and the rest went to a charity. I always liked to collect animal figures, especially ones hand carved out of wood or stone or handblown glass. These were mostly items that I purchased on trips, and I still have them mingled among many books in several bookcases. I also have a small bird figurine collection.

But the largest collection was coffee mugs, and those hog a lot of space! Everywhere I traveled, I bought a mug. Some were really nice, but most were the usual tourist kind. Finally, I narrowed it down to a few special pieces, or memorable trip pieces, and the rest were donated. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22