Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Do You Eat for Breakfast?

Message 1 of 68

Coffee with French Vanilla and a bowl of fruit.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 68

@Bobtskis - What's the "Fasting" part of your challenge? I'm surprised your diet is so high in carbs, for a diabetic.

I have been on something like the Whole30 diet for about a year. There's no need to "fast" or skip meals. I cut out all carbs but those in veggies & fruit, as well as dairy, soy & all forms of sweetener. Now I split a packet of stevia over a full day's worth of herbal tea; sometimes 2 days. My breakfasts are veggies, protein & green tea.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 68

Y'all going to think I'm nuts since I am a Type II Diabetic, but on my non-Fast days I usually have 2 eggs scrambled, 2 slices Turkey bacon, Simply Potatoes cubed variety hash browns from my Air Fryer, a small bowl of mixed fruit and sour dough toast with Hot Tea sweetened with Pyure Stevia. On my Fasting Days I have 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats, 1/2 English Muffin and a cup of hot tea sweetened with the Stevia.  I average around 5 miles per day walking and have lost 35 pounds in the last 18 months.  My A1C has gone from 7.4 to 6.1 without meds and may be lower when I get my next test in June.  I am writing this post not to brag, but to encourage Folks to take on the Fasting challenge.  My wife had recorded a segment from Dr. Oz and showed it to me right after my diagnosis.  It has helped me tremendously.   I'm 5'10" and started out at 239lbs and am around 204 now. 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 68

@doglover52...Sue, I'm so glad you put on the long pants! Cat Happy

Before I read your post I was thinking of having oatmeal! Cream of Wheat is a good choice!

So glad the heater guy comes today!

40 and sunny here. I'm enjoying my coffee INSIDE with a sweat jacket over my PJ's! N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 68

I've just come back from my morning walk,yes I'm wearing long pants&turtle neck,a tad nippy outside,38. I'm having a bowl of Cream of Wheat for breakfast,it hits the spot. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 68

Just had to report that today at the grocery store I found Pumpkin Spice Crunch Special K cereal! I had to try that. It's good! Happy Autumn! Cat Wink N.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 68

One mug of coffee, a hardboiled egg,and either an english muffin, 1 slice of toast with peanut butter, or a mini-bagel with cream cheese.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 68

Hmmmm! On the lighter side.

FB_IMG_1473808907073.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 68

@gatorgorilla wrote:

@Prosecco6247 wrote:

I gave kudos to the poster who makes his own yogurt and uses local honey as these are my own choices for reasons of health but I don't necessarily agree that the breakfasts described here explain the obesity epidemic in our country!  I think the culprit is lack of activity, high-fructose corn syrup, a penchant for super-sizing and washing it down with soda!  I am being serious here.

Listen to your body and listen to your doctor...you'll get a lot of valuable information from both.  ~  Mimi

@Prosecco6247    Your list of "culprits" accounts for much of the weight-gain problem I'm fighting at present (except for super-size portions - I don't do those.) Good post & thanks for making it!    Pam   

Thanks for saying so and you're welcome! 

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 68

@Prosecco6247 wrote:

I gave kudos to the poster who makes his own yogurt and uses local honey as these are my own choices for reasons of health but I don't necessarily agree that the breakfasts described here explain the obesity epidemic in our country!  I think the culprit is lack of activity, high-fructose corn syrup, a penchant for super-sizing and washing it down with soda!  I am being serious here.

Listen to your body and listen to your doctor...you'll get a lot of valuable information from both.  ~  Mimi

@Prosecco6247    Your list of "culprits" accounts for much of the weight-gain problem I'm fighting at present (except for super-size portions - I don't do those.) Good post & thanks for making it!    Pam   

Kudos
Views