Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What 5 things some people do not have anymore!

Message 41 of 52

Still have wall calendars: Organizations to which I belong send them annualy. DVD's - sure: still use my blu-ray DVD player on occasion. Take out menus are very handy: No need to go online just pull it off the desk.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 52

I have all five. DVDs and CDs I'm scared to count. a full file cabinet, and I collect menus. Every year I'm sent at least a dozen or more calenders from different organizations. What am I to do?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 52

I also have a file cabinet, wall calendars, DVD's, CD's.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 52

I still have my Royal manual typewriter that I used in college 51 years ago.  It is more reliable than any electronic device used for sending messages.  It cannot be "hacked" or changed.  I actually send typed messages through the U.S. Mail.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 52

We still own an electric typewriter.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 52

We have a landline as it comes free with our internet and cable TV. Also it is the best way to have 911 determine your address. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 52

Oooooo!  Ooooooo!  I just thought of this!  Most people no longer have a landline wall phone in the kitchen.  But I do!!!!   Smile.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 52

@DaveMcK wrote:

We have books on CD's to listen to in the car. We have cd's with good music recorded on them. Mary has several dvd's with exercise programs on them. Still keep some papers in a filling cabinet. Like my Loon calenders Mary has one for appointments.

FB_IMG_1540163382200.jpg

Have them all plus cassette tapes, a stereo with turntable, amplifier, tape player, and humongous speakers, a bluray player, and something I bet no one else has............ an HD-DVD Player by Toshiba.

Remember how the VHS VCR's format sunk the BETAMAX VCR format. I ran out and bought an HD-DVD player but it got sunk by the Bluray format. Maybe one day it'll be worth something. They hardly made any disks for it and you can't use the disks anywhere else.

Oh!!!..... and I forgot........VINYL DISKS or RECORDS as we called them and yes....... some of them ARE WORTH MONEY now.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 52

Well, now, this is interesting!  Let's see.  I have two wall calendars--one in the kitchen and one in my home office (both conspicuously displayed on the wall).  I have both a CD player and a DVD player and I also have a VHS player still hooked up to my TV in the family room and it works beautifully.  Oh, and of course that means, I have VHS tapes.  I have a ton of them. I have two file cabinets -- one tall four-drawer cabinet in the office and one smaller two-drawer one in the basement.  And, yes, I do have take out menus for my two favorite neighborhood restaurants.  So as you can see, I am still very much into the supposed by-gone ways of doing things.  But it works for me!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 52

Ashtrays

Soda

Kudos
Views