Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What 5 things some people do not have anymore!

Message 1 of 52

Well, I think I have all the above... everything all others have in their possession.  But, they work for me and I don't plan on getting rid of them. My son said he would take all my things to the dumpster if I passed...he can...I wont need them anymore!!! Smiley Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 52

But how much are the ribbons?! We tried to buy one for my godmother and it was over $50.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 52

Morning, Nancy!

I have a Walkman too, but it is hidden somewhere in my basement collection of all things important but never used. Smiley Happy  And I have two lava lamps--one I have in my family room on the mantel.  I put it on sometimes late at night to add a special glow to the room.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 52

In AM radio. The original Sony Walkman. The original 8 head VCR player. A lava lamp. And an old jukebox.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 52

In AM radio. The original Sony Walkman. The original 8 head DVD player. A lava lamp. And an old jukebox.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 52

I have 2 DVD players and around 100 movies I love to watch. I also have CD's to listen to in my car. I have an old 2015 wall calendar that I recorded many special events.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 52

I also have dvd.  i DO NOT BELIEVE IN A throw-away society

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 52

I have three file cabinet.  There are important papers.  Please do not make sweep statement.  Are these designed to make people feel guilty.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 52

I have CD which I play in my car.  These are new.  I have wall calendars.  Every organizations ends them.  I have several other things also.  Menus from restaurants.  Who tells you other wise. I often wonder do these people live in the real world.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 52

I have them all but file cabinets.  My husband hangs a wall calendar in our kitchen every year.  I'm not excited about it but if it makes him happy ... lol.   Our DVD collection is mostly movies we bought for the grand children.  I have many, many CD's mostly from when my son was a teen and had to have all the latest music back then.   

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera