Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What 5 things some people do not have anymore!

Message 21 of 52

I have all of them: DVD's, CD's, file cabinet ( I don't always trust computers), wall calendar's (3), take out menus and a landline phone.  I have so many records and casette tapes.  I'm sure someone out there remembers 8-track, I have a couple of those too.  It is hard to keep up with technology.  I like the crackle of my old Beatles records best.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 52

I have them all and of course all of the new technology as well :-)

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 52

Still have a combo AM/FM radio (electric or battery) and cassette player. Use it quite frequently: no need to go digital when this still works. Besides, isn't that what emergency management folks say to have in the event of an extended power outage:something with batteries?

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 52

Okay our family still has all (5) of those things, plus an antiquated cassette player and boom box I like to use because it has a cassette player AND recorder. Yep and they work still, miracle.

I also have an old combo DVD and VHS player, still works great though. Most people have digital radios, I have an old air waves radio, with antenna wire to catch a signal flying around. Not very reliable, but I have it in my shop to listen to music on FM Classical station which is close to us.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 52

I still play my cds and dvds, I have a file cabinet that I use all of the time, I have a landline as well as my cell phone, and my husband and I use takeout menus all of the time and we both still feel very alive.  I can tell you first hand, these items have not gone by the wayside and they will not in my future. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 52

I also have a landline phone but I have a cordless phone hooked up to it.  The standard phone I had is packed away in one of my closets.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 52

I have a combination record/CD/cassette player with radio AM/FM.  I also have a number of music CDs, a small collection of records 33-1/3rd and about 200 45s and a few music casettes.  I have a portable CD player as well.  I have a DVD player hooked up to my traditional TUBE TV and a VHS which wasn't hooked up correctly but is still good along with some videos on VHS.  I actually have 2 spare VHSs as well.  I have a kitchen storage unit that I use as a filing cabinet as well as 3 cubes that I keep files in as well, but I have slowly been converting the items I need to keep to digital files.  I have a 2nd desktop computer in my bedroom hooked up to an old CRT.  No wall calendars, but I do keep a 5x8 planner on my table top.  And I also have about 4 or 5 take out menus.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 52

Way more CD's/DVD's than I have but still have take out menus. 67 also. No file cabinets but a very heavy safe for "safe" keeping.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 52

I have one or more of each of them

joe

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 52

I have over 100 DVDs, over 400 CDs, 3 file cabinets, 2 wall calendars, no take out menus.  I am 67 yrs old. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views