Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: We seem to have a new system or revised system

Message 1 of 10 (2,100 Views)

Well, this morning I said some very un-ladylike things about AARP and all the "improvements" made to the system when I found it totally impossible to find the latest posts for the song game.  Yesterday I found the latest one but then after I posted it took me back to the April posts when it was time to review my own.  I never did find mine.  This morning I had a similar problem, even when I clicked on the latest post listed.  Now when I've come back later and tried again (since I've had more coffee) I finally got the the latest post and seen that they have changed the order and the latest is now the first listed at the top of the page.  Is this an improvement?  I don't know but glad I made the discovery.  I don't know why they have to keep changing things that seem to be working well.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 10 (2,113 Views)

PattyDiane wrote:

I'm pleased that today it seems better than yesterday.  I was ready to write an angry letter yesterday but decided to give it (and me) another day.  The only improvement I've seen is that the print seems bigger and easier to read.

Hi PattyDiane,I agree with you about the print being larger&easier to read,that's the only thing I like about this new change. I remember in March 2014,the 'powers that be' changed everything,private groups became public so anybody could post,sometimes I miss having the private groups such as "Front POrch'. We lost so many long time posters in some groups,hope we don't lose anymore. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 10 (2,130 Views)

Patty Diane, Sooie, I don't know how I did it but I found your posts. Anybody else that I know out there. Change, I am having to accept change everywhere else, but why here. What was wrong with the way things were? I don't have time right now to figure things out.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 10 (2,201 Views)

Soosie wrote:
I finally figured out how to find my personal messages. Now, if I can just figure it out again.....Hooray!

Soosie

Have not found the private message notice box. Interesting how prominent it was before. Could you post where you found the notification box.
Thanks
Dave

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 10 (2,216 Views)
I finally figured out how to find my personal messages. Now, if I can just figure it out again.....Hooray!

Soosie

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 10 (2,225 Views)

PattyDiane wrote:

I'm pleased that today it seems better than yesterday.  I was ready to write an angry letter yesterday but decided to give it (and me) another day.  The only improvement I've seen is that the print seems bigger and easier to read.

I have notice that sometimes it takes you to something like page 115 instead of page 1. If you look at the bottom center of the reply page you will see on the left side page 1. Click on that and it will take you to the page with the latest posts. Really AARP the bottom!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 10 (2,242 Views)

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 10 (2,274 Views)

I can't seem to post any songs on the "Song Title Word Association" topic. I clicked on "Rock N' Roll" on the right of the screen to get to the topic,then I see the last song posted was by Gatorgorilla at 10:46 AM. When I click on Song Title Word Association, I see posts from 5-15-2011.So I go back to Song Title Word Association and click on "Next" where the pages are listed and get posts from 4-08 and 4-16 of 2016. The option app. seems to be beside " Start a Topic" which is 3 dots(...) and it is already in Linear Format. Does Anyone know if there is a problem with this new system related to Song Title Word Association? I also clicked on "Newest  to  Oldest" to try to get to the latest post but the page had posts from 5-2011.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 10 (2,285 Views)

Yes, this is different, doesn't seem to hard to do, coming from some one who knows nothing about computer stuff!

We seem to have a new system or revised system

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 10 (2,310 Views)

Changes are again upon us. Please keep AARP advised if you find any issues. Hoping they did a better job of testing this system change/update than in the past. Sorry to be negative to start with but I have been around here since January of 2009 and have seen some real problems and some good improvements. 

They still haven't added AARP TO THE SYSTEM DICTIONARY. HMMMM! IT DOES NOT GET ANY EASIER THAN THAT!

Here is what is up now:  http://community.aarp.org/t5/About-Our-Community/New-look-coming-soon/m-p/1721713#U1721713