Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Want to be active

Message 1 of 2

Hello Rafael! Happy day to you, too.

I took a look at your photo album and thus know you are an outdoorsman with many sports interests. This is a great place to start, I think. Here's why I think that: my husband and I, too, are outdoorsy, our interests including kayaking, hiking, cycling, camping, four wheeling, foraging and so forth. We have met many friends over the years following these pursuits. 

That being said, yes, I've noticed that as we age, and retire, the constructs that enabled some of these relationships change and many of us find ourselves with a dwindling social circle. And too, being in the city somewhat truncates your ability to participate in these types of activities, though I bet there are such things as ping pong or basketball leagues near you. Check with your senior center for activities that you'd enjoy and that would put you in a new mix of people. 

I wish you every joy,

Epsterhello jumping frog.gif

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Want to be active

Message 2 of 2

Hello everybody, happy day. Let me explain a bit of what this post is about. I am 68, retiring on May. Live in San Francisco, came to the USA on 2004 from Peru. Work keeps me busy Monday to Friday, until 6pm. Saturday and Sunday boredom and loneliness invade me, as a reserved man but joyful and communicative wish to be active, do something, be with people, participate, be part of something even if I do not talk much. Do not have friends, have not been able to make any in all this time for whatever reason that is. Would love to do something else besides walking the city. So I post in order to have suggestions or ideas. Be well, Rafael.

RZ
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.