Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHERE WERE YOU ON 9/11

Message 1 of 3

I was watching the account over the shoulder of a girl I worked  with at a sporting goods store.  I just couldn't stop the tears.  One of the managers said something about doing something in the store and I thought, like "Why."  When I look back or hear about certain years, I think, was it before or after 9/11.

Two other incidents with similar impact were JFK's assassination and the Space Challenger.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHERE WERE YOU ON 9/11

Message 2 of 3

We lived in a heavily populated place far away from the terror strikes. People were at work, searching the 'net for news and details, trying to pull close the corners of their lives. It was pandemonium; soon as possible we got ourselves locked into our home. We stayed glued to our TV for days of disbelief, deep anger and fear of what would be the national response. People in our area were unhinged.

We moved to a new state at our earliest opportunity.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

WHERE WERE YOU ON 9/11

Message 3 of 3

Where were you on 9/11?
I was at a meeting in Minneapolis when thing started to happen. Needless to say the meeting was canceled and many were trying to find a way home as the airport was closed. Everyone was able to find a way home. I drove from Madison and had another meeting near Green Bay two days later. I drove to my home town of Ripon and spent the night with my folks at my home town of Ripon. I finally made it back to Madison on the evening of the 13th.

Bless those that run towards danger not away from it! Thousands of my fellow utility workers from all parts of America are at or are now heading to the hurricane areas to help restore power..

FB_IMG_1505134707008.jpgFB_IMG_1505133747014.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Replies