Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHERE WERE YOU ON 9/11

Message 1 of 4

I was volunteering at my church's early childhood daycare facility on my day off, when one of my co-workers from work,unexpectedly showed up.She told me what had happened,knowing that my brother worked in New York City near the twin towers.

I rushed home and called my mom in NH who informed me,my sisiter-in-law,Suzanne's younger brother,Tony was missing.He worked at bond company,Cannor/Fitzgerald,which lost half of their employees that tragic day. I always say a prayer for her&her family on this day along with other families who lost loved ones Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I was working at a satellite office of a nuclear power plant, only 40 miles away from the World Trade Center, straight up the Hudson River. We thought the plant might be next; not a good feeling! Everyone worked the full day. At least we were out of NYC, where all the bridges & tunnels were closed, and mass transit was totally shut down .. so those of us who had to cross the Hudson river to get home, could still do that.

As if we didn't already have high security at the plant, it was even more rigorous after 9/11 .. with armed National Guard troops at the entrance, and more inspections & hurdles to get inside. They also installed a winding concrete "Jersey Barrier" along the long entrance road, so that no vehicle could speed up & drive into the security building.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4
Spoiler
I was at work in Greenwood Village, CO. Denver suburb. We were excused from work that day. There was all talk on the car radio and no music. My ex was an American Airlines employee and he was off that day. He wanted to go in to be with his coworkers at DIA but they told him not to go in. I am sad that now all airline passengers are thought to be potential terrorists and getting through an airport is now lot more stressful and complicated.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

WHERE WERE YOU ON 9/11

Message 4 of 4

Where were you on 9/11?
I was at a meeting in Minneapolis when thing started to happen. Needless to say the meeting was canceled and many were trying to find a way home as the airport was closed. Everyone was able to find a way home. I drove from Madison and had another meeting near Green Bay two days later. I drove to my home town of Ripon and spent the night with my folks at my home town of Ripon. I finally made it back to Madison on the evening of the 13th.

Bless those that run towards danger not away from it! Thousands of utility workers from all parts of America are at or are now heading to the hurricane areas to help restore power..

FB_IMG_1505134707008.jpgFB_IMG_1505133747014.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season