Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Summer Solstice 2017: When is the first day

Message 1 of 3

@DaveMcK  Thanks for the link Dave.  I will celebrate solstice tonight as our day is 1 minute longer here today than yesterday, according to the almanac anyway.  Also it is closer to the weekend & more appropriate to have a glass of wine. Woman Happy

Since I hate Georgia summers I figure we are on the downhill side now, heading toward beautiful October.  Almost every day in October is like a day in Camelot.  I just relearned the words to the song as I watched  "Jackie" the movie.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Summer Solstice 2017: When is the first day

Message 2 of 3

Yay! Longer nights! Rah! Now if only it would cool down out there! 98 in the shade at our place. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Summer Solstice 2017: When is the first day

Message 3 of 3

Summer Solstice 2017: When is the first day of summer and how is it decided.

The ancient site of Stonehenge is still popular with people wishing to celebrate the summer solstice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/summer-solstice-2017-first-day-of-summer-when-date-ho...

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Replies