Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Senior Citizen stories, Senior jokes and cartoons.

Honored Social Butterfly

Senior Citizen stories, Senior jokes and cartoons.

Hope this topic gives us another winner. Senior stories, jokes or cartoons to enjoy and have fun laughing at ourselves. 

BEST EVER SENIOR CITIZEN JOKE.....

A little silver-haired lady calls her neighbor and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started."
Her neighbor asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"
The little silver haired lady says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster."
Her neighbor decides to go over and help with the puzzle.
She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster." He takes her hand and says, "Secondly, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea" and then he said with a deep sigh ............

"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1697157641346.jpg

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1543595825297.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

An elderly couple went to McDonald's and ordered a burger, fries and a soda. A man next to them saw the old man split everything in half.

He went over to the table and offered to buy them each a meal if they couldn't afford it. The old man appreciatively declined and said that him and his wife shared everything in the 40 years they were together.

He went back to his own table and then noticed the old woman wasn't eating. She was just sitting there. He went back over to the couple and asked why she wasn't eating. She then said, โ€œIt's only because it's my husband's turn to use the teeth.โ€

Honored Social Butterfly

a27628ff-7c24-40e6-bb67-1e0dc32e1cfa.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1539397713712.jpgFB_IMG_1506893290697.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Related image

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for image of grandpa showing how to send a text the old fashioned way

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for grandpa cartoons

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1554672060931.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Yeeessss, Snoopy!  So True!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1552615463746.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1554602503617.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1554585483516.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

However,  I personally prefer...

"Baby Senior!"  Lydia

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

199fea75-5d2d-4f01-b7be-3b9ab7f01750.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

See the source image

Honored Social Butterfly

seniors reservations online.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

The story I'm about to tell could have gone in the Life Experiences forum just as easily as in the Senior Citizen stories forum because it is true and it happened to me.  But I opted to put it here because I think it is a prime example of what has become my frequent encounters with the proverbial "senior moment."  After  the happening, I texted a message to a friend of mine--recounting the events of the day.  Below is the text message I sent her.  And so it goes......

"Good morning, Gloria!

This is Lydia.  I penned a letter to you for snail mail on this past Thursday.  I have been trying to mail it since then.  With each passing day, something or other interfered with me making it to the post office.  So today (it's now Wednesday of the following week), I decided to make it my mission to get that letter mailed.  And today was the ultimate mishap.

After heading out to mail the letter this morning along with other things, I realized once I got to the gas station that I had forgotten the letter.  So after gassing up the car, I went back home, got the letter off the dining room table where I had placed it so as not to forget it, and headed back out again.  But in my quest to be a multitasker, I grabbed the bag of recycling that needed to go out to the trash all while clutching the keys in one hand and the letter in the other.  So finding myself with three items and only two hands, I thought in my brillance that I would simply put the letter on top of the car while I locked the side door of the house.  Then I carried the bag to the recycling bin and dumped it.  I then came back to my car, got in it, and took off.  Needless to say, it wasn't until I got out of my car at the post office, that I remembered having put the envelop on top of the car.  Of course, it was nowhere to be found.  So I raced back to the house in my effort to find the card.  I hurriedly pulled in the driveway.  I searched the drive.  I searched the street in front of my house.  I searched around the recycling bin.  I searched the grass.  I searched the next door neighbor's yard. (They're probably still wondering what I was doing poking around their hedges in the early morning light.)  Anyway, no card to be found.  

So I backed out of the drive and I headed down the street the same way I had gone originally.  As I rounded the corner to the next block, I saw a small white square in the middle of the street.  I stopped my car, got out, picked up the white square and sure enough it was your card face down in the street.  I raced to the post office, went inside, and dropped it in the box there.  Now that the card is out of my hands, I hope it has a far less treacherous journey to you and makes it in one piece.  Getting that letter to you was like having carried a 9 month preganancy into the 10th month.  It was definitely hard to deliver, but i'm soooo glad it's done!"

Lydia

We both had a really good laugh after all was said and done.  Nothing like those Senior Moments!

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1554406866968.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1543595758124.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1506893290697.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Related image

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1506893164360.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1501468605390.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

26d1fee4-de2a-488f-99b4-d4b2c0346b02.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP