Hundreds of AARP member benefits. One convenient place to explore them. Check it out!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Good

Message 1 of 11

So what if it's old.  I still can't find the "message center" either.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

This is an old post and very out of date! 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11
I can't find it either. How hard is it to put a link in the banner?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

I can't find the message center either. Why all the mystery. Has the message center been outsourced to Mars???????

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

Sorry, I have had not luck with the Sweepstakes,  guess you post is directed to previous poster.

I gave up on Sweepstakes and even merchandise a long time ago.  Merchandise is either too expensive even with using the points or something I am not interested in..

Good luck. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

I'm glad to read you've won some prizes from Rewards for Good sweepstakes and were able to claim them without difficulty.......however my experience at the moment is quite different.   Yes I received an e-mail notification stating I was 1 of the 50 winners to win the pearl stud earrings .  The 

e-mail states to claim my prize all I have to do is log in, go to rewards for good site,  go to message center and claim my prize.     Really?    Cause although I log in, go to the r4good  site  there is no

message of any type with directions to claim my prize.   I received the e- Mail on the 15th ...I have 30 days to claim the prize which is a good thing cause I have a feeling I'm going to need all 30 days to figure this out.   I enter lots of different sweepstakes and have been lucky enough to win several prizes every month.  2 so far this month.   The largest was a $500 Wal-Mart gift card and all I had to do was e-mail them my mailing address.   I got the card in a week...no fus or mus.   Last week I received an e-mail telling me I'd won a sledge hammer and would receive it in 6 to 8 weeks.  I got it the very next day via FedEx.   So why all the difficulty trying to claim a prize from AARP ? Especially when the value of prize is I believe $21.  Why don't they notify winner and send them their prize?

Sorry I seem to be babbling......but I'm very frustrated.     I spent 2 hrs last night  trying to figure it out...thought maybe I was just tired so I gave up thinking I'd figure it out today after a good night sleep.    Slept great last night however now I'm refreshed and totally frustrated.    I guess it's  one way to save the company money.  Thanks for lending me your ear/ eyes.  LoL.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

All IMHO:

My personal experience with the sweepstakes portion of Rewards for Good has been mostly positive.

I have won several of the smaller sweepstakes ($5 and $10 legitimate AND useful gift cards); I was notified via e-mail and was able to claim them without difficulty. They arrived promptly.

As you may have observed from my past postings, there was an apparent "glitch" with several sweepstakes in the beginning of October. I noticed that NO WINNERS were being announced for these closed sweepstakes. After several fruitless e-mails and phone calls that went nowhere, I posted the question on this site and received the reply (from Sandy) that there had been, in fact, a "system error" regarding those sweepstakes. I was told those would be drawn and winners notified (which did happen as I was a winner in one of those sweeps).

This is the first and only time I have seen this occur, so I will take it as an anomaly, and not the norm. Caveat: I have been on the Rewards for Good site < 1 year.

If a sweepstakes states "winners pending", the drawing/notification process may not have occurred yet? I typically see winners' lists being populated about a week after the closing/drawing for that sweepstakes. If it is one of the 50 winners contests, you will typically see about 2/3rds of the prizes claimed before the 30 day window has passed. If there is a solitary winner (the larger prizes), I sometimes see NO winner listed (ie $1000 Shopping Spree/AARP RealPad, Macy's $100 gift card), only "pending". Wondering why/how someone would not claim that prize?

Peace.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

Thank you , I recieved....seems like there are a lot of technical issues

DaveMcK wrote:

Check these links out. Second  try!

with the Sweepstakes program.

Hoping is not bogus,   would be very cruel on AARPs part to do this with us "older' people waiting to see if they are winners.  

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

Check these links out. Second  try!

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos