When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Passing Around the Virtual Hot Cocoa, How's Your Weather?

Message 11 of 20

Astraea, Grateful we still have power, but OMG... I may be stuck inside for days. It's still snowing and blowing; it has to be at least 20 inches by now. No way can I get a door open. Scary to be alone in times like this, but as long as I have heat I'm OK. N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

It's still blowing a lot, and I gave myself permission to wait until tomorrow morning, to start clean-up. Neither of my 2 neighbors has come out either.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

I'll be saying prayers for all of you who have been effected by this storm, within the next couple days,things will gradually get back to normal for you.

In Buffalo today we had a dusting of snow temps near 20.,Mon&Tues,temps in the 40's,then another round of 'lake effect' snow mid week Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

We are fine now but it was very cold  for about 5 days. We lived like this for a few days!

FB_IMG_1453581077059.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

YES! Everyone stay safe and warm!

If I could get out the door, the snow would now be over my knees and I'm 5' 7" tall.

Holding on to the power so far.  Cat Happy N.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

Snowed here all day yesterday...they said it wouldn't cover the roads but it did.  There was black ice from previous moisture on the roads and the snow stuck to that. Temperature warmed up late afternoon and it started raining heavily.  By midnight, little snow visible, rain slacked off but wind gusts to 40-50 mph.  It looked like a hurricane.  My dogs are sensitive to weather changes (barometric changes?) even if they're inside.  They wouldn't go to sleep and insisted on going out to potty.  When they got to the door, they turned right around!  I dozed but their restlessness prevented any real sleep and they kept nudging me to let them out again.  I was up every 2 hours.  The wind finally slowed down to about 15 mph so they ran out very quickly and came back in as fast as their little feet could carry them!  They are fast asleep now...no rest for me!

The snow was forecast to begin again this afternoon but we're already seeing accumulations on the ground.  The snow is a dry powder instead of big wet flakes like yesterday.  I think it's supposed to be 2-3 inches but it will end tomorrow AM with "wintry mix," they say.  That means ice accumulations on roads, trees and power lines.  I don't know if we can rely on the forecast because the temp keeps dropping and the snow started falling earlier than predicted.  The 40 mph wind gusts are also said to resume...I don't know when.  The wind & flooding is courtesy of the storm system on the Atlantic and the higher tides it's pushing in.  After the snow event, I expect everything to be "messy" with rain melting the snow...unless the weather folks are wrong.  They've already been wrong on the temps and the timing of the precip.  

The roads are treacherous.  We just had a fatal accident near here a little while ago and it was attributed to the weather.  The lady wasn't wearing a seat belt, though.  

No power outage for me...locally there have been about 5,000 affected.  I have a friend whose water is out...along with everyone on her street.  Ancient frozen pipes.  City's working on it.  She's making do so far.  I hope they don't lose power but the area is somewhat rural and has a history of outages.

I lived in Michigan in my early 20's.  I remember blizzards and I promised myself I'd never live "up north" after experiencing several.  I have two kids & their families who are affected by the blizzard conditions.  Brother & SIL are also affected.  They're doing okay.

I hope you have plenty of coffee, Nancy and working power to brew it!  Stay safe & warm everyone!  Heart

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

I'm on the Jersey shore, but thankfully we have power & cable! The snow plow finally made it up my tiny street .. not that I'm planning to go anywhere any time soon! There is a full moon & ultra-high tides, so News12 showed the water in the Manasquan (River) Inlet was lapping up over the sidewalk this morning. We seem to be getting freezing rain for a while; not sure that's better or worse than snow, and it's still very windy. Hard to tell how much accumulation I have, because of the drifting.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

No problems here, just a dusting of snow.  However many people are without power from fallen trees and its cold, about 28 or so.  A friend was without power all day yesterday, utility company worked all day to get her power back on.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

Here in Hatboro, PA, n. w. suburbs of Philly, so far the power is hanging in there, but I’m literally “snowed in”…none of my doors can open against the snow and this is just getting started. We probably have at least 15” so far and apparently the worst is yet to come. I saw a municipal plow go by once. I may be in here until spring!

I had no idea they named blizzards. A friend emailed me yesterday to ask if I was ready for Jonas and French toast. I understood the French toast, but had no clue what she meant by Jonas! HA!

Keeping my fingers crossed we don’t lose power. The only reason I got out of bed on time was to get coffee before we lost power. Now I’m on my second cup. Cat Wink Nancy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Passing Around the Virtual Hot Cocoa, How's Your Weather?

Message 20 of 20

Yes hot cocoa and around 5pm we can start adding the brandy. We got BOMBED, 50 mph gusts and drifts of the white stuff maybe four feet and it's still coming. Prayers go out to the coastal areas. Much of the Jersey Shore is still under construction after Sandy. Today record setting flooding in the same areas. How is it by you???

Kudos
Views
Replies