Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

re: Oxymorons..

Message 21 of 28
In Response to Oxymorons..:

Oxymorons. It sounds like names to call all our politicans or the CEOs of some of the bail out companies, but it's a combination of contradictory words. For instance, "cruel kindness" or "black light". How many oxymorons can you think of?

HOT CHILIwww.chili-recipes.com/images/chili-recipes.jpg" />

PJ
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28

Oxymorons. It sounds like names to call all our politicans or the CEOs of some of the bail out companies, but it's a combination of contradictory words. For instance, "cruel kindness" or "black light". How many oxymorons can you think of?

I've seen some comments calling something 'false hope' lately.  Would that be an oxymoron?  Either you have hope or you don't.  Even if it is based on faulty logic, it is still a hope.  Yeh, there are a lot of others around, they just aren't popping up for me right now.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28
In Response to post:

Gee, I always thought an oxymoron was a name for a clumsy idiot.  www.aarp.org/community/editor/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif" alt="" />

Return to the subject, "happily married" may be an oxymoron for 50% of the marriages.  www.aarp.org/community/editor/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/sad_smile.gif" alt="" />

Peace, Duane(OF)

Oh my...that's funny!

Kudos
Views
OF
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

Gee, I always thought an oxymoron was a name for a clumsy idiot.  www.aarp.org/community/editor/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif" alt="" />

Return to the subject, "happily married" may be an oxymoron for 50% of the marriages.  www.aarp.org/community/editor/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/sad_smile.gif" alt="" />

Peace, Duane(OF)

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

Carolyn I was trying to come up with one, only thing I could think of was the Amish saying of wonderful good, but I don't think that is what you were aiming for, have to think a bit harder on this one!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

The one I always think of is Jumbo Shrimp.  Have to give some thought to others I met!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Oxymorons..

Message 27 of 28

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Oxymorons..

Message 27 of 28

Kudos
Views
Replies