Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Our Front porch

Message 1 of 15

Beautiful front Porch!

Most of the memories are made on front porches. A grand front porch adds timeless barrier appeal and seasonal enjoyment for years to come. Recently, I had updated my home front yard beautiful garden by installing a driveway and an attractive front porch. Creating a porch modernizes the exterior of my home, and the most transformation happened when I had installed an impressive driveway paving on Long Island area, which has created a natural looking front drive that compliments the features of the rest of my house.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

We lived in a house similar to this in Tennessee when our kids were young.  It was just off campus where my husband finished his undergraduate classes.  The wrap around porch and swing offered many a student, faculty or staff, neighbor and friend a chance to stop by and visit for a spell.  Our son had a big wheel and rode off the porch, jumping like the Dukes of Hazard!  Our landlady leased out the pasture surrounding the house and we often had cows in the yard.  I popped one in the rump with a BB gun while on the roof over the porch as I was too scared to chase it on foot.  Our daughter still likes to tell that story.  Now back in Florida where we live in a retirement community, we have a mobile home with a porch on the side and the back of the house.  If we are outside at all, a neighbor will walk up or drive up in their golf cart and visit a spell too.  It is just so inviting to have a porch.  Got a gilder now, miss that swing though.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

Another great Front Porch. Reminds me of a cottage on a river or a lake. Posting problems here today!

FB_IMG_1468180641095.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

Another great Front Porch. Reminders me of a cottage on a river or a lake. 

FB_IMG_1468180641095.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

This was a very typical front porch in the upper Midwest in the 1950's and 1960's. The ones my folks and my grandparents had where enclosed with windows. Lots of windows as I was the one that got to wash them for years.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

I am very thankful that my husband and I  put a screened-in porch on the front of this house. I do have a deck out back near the pool and a little patio square, too, but the front porch is like another comfy room.

When I was a kid we had a single house, but it had no front porch...just a step that wouldn't even fit one chair. My dad put in a patio out back, so that had to do for our outdoor living space, but being a curious kid, you couldn't see what was going by in the neighborhood, so a few kids and I would squeeze our little butts onto that front step and discuss "world affairs." Cat Wink N.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

Come summer my Dad's old army cot just fit on the front porch and I slept out there all summer long.  Our house faced east with the sun waking me up in the mornong after a wondrous sleep with all that fresh air.

My parents and I sat on rocking chairs with the screened in porch and chatted with people walking by.

I played the piano in the living room and people stopping and passing by would applaud!!!

NOw I live in a condo facing Lake Michigan with windows and watch the sun come up and watch the trees and boats but can't smell the air or hear the people.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

I've never lived in a house with a front porch, but grew up in the mid-west and there was no shortage of availble front porches with swings to share!  So much so that I'm on my 3rd stand alone swing sitting on a small brick patio outside my front door.  We have a wonderful large screened porch where the first swing started out, but you can't see the world pass by from the back porch so the swing found itself in the front; it's still a favorite place for morning coffee with the hubs, and an evening hug after dinner. And did I mention the grandkids love it too?!!

amcoffiebean
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15
great looking front porch reminds my of my Grandmom's house in Blytheville Ark. we would go to her house in the summer break my brother and I and loved the swing on the porch great times then feel so sorry for the kids now. They have no interaction except the 140 characters allowed!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

Yes, I like front porches as well.  They bring back many memories of the good times playing cowboys and Indians with real cap guns and no red yellow or green tips on the end.  The porch was the lawman's office and jail with real bars but some kid would always get stuck in them trying to escape. lol  I miss having them on homes nowadays.

In the next year,  I will be selling this home of mine and purchasing a Class A RV and be living in that until I die somewhere in the U.S. It was a dream my wife and I had for many years but she is gone now.  I need to find another soul mate after I have some health conditions repaired in surgery.  I want a front porch on my RV and will really need to bang on the drawing board to get a set of prints done for it.

Kudos
Views