Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Our Front porch

Message 11 of 15

My ex-husband inherited his great-grandmother's house in Woodbury, GA.  That front porch looks very much like that one.  We used to say it was the best front porch in Meriwether 

County and I'm not certain we were wrong.  I don't miss the house or the husband, but I really miss that porch in the summer.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

Oh the memories of the ole front porch. My father loved to lay on the glider, he would sometimes spend the best part ;of an afternoon sleeping on that glider, that is when he wasn't rocking in one of the old rockers on the porch.  While my  grandparents were still living, they use to love to sit in the swing that was located at the oposite end of the porch. What a precious time and how fortunated we were to have those precious memories. I feel sorry for the children growing up in this day and time, what memories will they have? playing games on the computer or on their cell phones? When is the last time you heard children playing hide and seek or kick the can? 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

Cat Very Happy I was sitting on "my" porch with a cup of coffee when I first saw the photo and read Sue's response, but unfortunately I only had my Kindle tablet out there and when I went to respond, the keyboard never popped up. I was feeling so happy because even though it took me 3 days to finally get the porch opened up and cleaned, it was done, I was proud of my accomplishment and I am now ready to enjoy it! Of course last night there was a lot of rain and so I had to pull up ranks and bring all the chairs closer to the house. But, there is nothing like a front porch! Nancy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

Hi Dave,i agree with you,love the picture of the porch.

I remember when I was growing up in our neighborhood,the adults would sit on their porches or their neighbors discuss what was going on in their lives or the world. The kids would all be playing together nearby as our parents would watched us.

I miss the 'days of innocence'. Sue 

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Our Front porch

Message 15 of 15

Who agrees?