Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: My first Bluetooth Device

Message 1 of 9

Other than my iPhone and laptop, a $7.00 speaker for the shower.

So, I can now listen to tunes and answer the blasted cell if I want.

This on-call stuff is getting really OLD!

Frozen

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

My first Bluetooth device has to be at least 12 years or more back. It would have been a Motorola headphone for my palm treo

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

My first blue tooth, hands free was a blue parrot noise reduction. I didn't think I would like it, but now I love it. Ido routing help for my husband. He is a truck driver and weather is extremely important for him to know.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@DaveMcK  We ourselves do not have Blue tooth for the vehicle. We have friends that have vehicles with it for hands free, and that really is awesome. I imagine I could use it in the car, but I don't use the cell phone while driving, that I am  a stickler on.  If I would have to use it, I will pull over. 

PJ
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Mary got our daughters Echos for Christmas. One loved it, the other was not sure they would use it. We have it now but not sure we will use it because we use our smart phones for that type of thing. However, we are very happy using our Bluetooth connection with our cell phone and the Bluetooth connection in our car which we find to be a safe way to use the cell. The controls are on the steering wheel which makes it hands free.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@GREYGRAMA  Good for you for trying and sharing your experience. 

I did not know that an Ipad was a must until I bought one.   Now my time is limited and I am back to the desktop or laptop with the Ipad reserved for videos. It is very handy for exercise videos, although a portable DVD palyer could be substituted!  Oh and a friend of my uses hers while she is on the treadmill.  My treadmill does not have accomodations for one so I would have to improvise to make it work.

Even so I cannot imagine that the Echo is in my future anytime soon.  One of the reasons I love computers is that I can type instead of talk, so the devices that offer this are not empting!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

@WebWiseWoman  Now that is a concept, "if you have iphone go to apple support [you paid $700 for the phone; they should support when I can't" I am afraid I have not ever taken advantage of that one. I am all trial and error type of person! Thank goodness for Google and You Tube.

PJ
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Think you're just too tired from your day. Try this:

• power off the phone or computer
  • power off the speaker
  • power on the laptop or phone
  • connect to you wifi/internet
  • power on the speaker
  • on the laptop/phone enable bluetooth

if you have iphone go to apple support [you paid $700 for the phone; they should support when I can't]

If Google or Microsoft phone, enable bluetooth through settings

Pair with the speaker

Done!

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

My first Bluetooth Device

Message 9 of 9

Blue Tooth 03-07-2017.jpgBlue Tooth DCSS Soundbox

I have always considered myself the tech  one in this family. Now that is not saying  a lot, because I am not that tech . So I got my first Bluetooth today. I shop Amazon.com for a lot of things, sometimes it is just too easy to click that automatic buy, or one click to buy. So I am excited to be listening to some of my favorite tunes on this new device. But come on guys, could you make the directions a little more easier to decipher. I have to laugh though I was considering the Echo, Echo dot. Decided for the money, it was too much for my needs. Then I saw this cute little waterproof one that you could use in the shower, but decided, no I really don't need that, so I picked this one, somewhere I read that it  was waterproof too. LOL, it came with a nice waterproof carrying bag! But I think it will suit me just fine and meet my needs, not sure what will happen or if I will be able to use it if the Iphone rings... although it did alert me to a text message. Today at work, a co-worked told me about her Echo dot... mmm maybe I should have ordered one of those, come on she orders pizza off of hers. Even if I had an Echo dot, I am not sure I would have Alexa order me pizza, I am not so sure I would want to figure it all out and set it up! Sounds like way too much work. I don't know, either I am just too tired to think, or they just make things to complicated, or there are just too many choices. One has to love technology though!

PJ
Kudos
Views
Replies