Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning roll call! MAY-JUNE

Message 201 of 293

@Epster 

Quite a weather event but I can just imagine the feeling of disappointment when we are so loving Spring and what is supposed to be the end of the winter season. And to be so devasting to the vegetation and wildlife. No matter what time of the year, that much snow at one time is not any fun. The only good thing it will be gone soon with the ground being warm and temps going back up. A Blizzard in May is a nasty trick Mother Nature played. Hope you all rebound OK.

PJ
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 202 of 293

It is a beautiful morning in ND. It Is 49 degrees with a heavy cloud cover. Our sunrise at 6:02 although hidden behind the clouds and will set at 9:17 PM. I love the longer days of the season. But it will be on the cool side of 61 today. Little tiny breeze, really a still morning. I am so enjoying the rich greens of color this time of year.  

IMG_1164.JPG

PJ
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 203 of 293

Once concluded this
tardy blizzard left the hill
green with white vistas.

She gifted us with
free irrigation, many
snickering flowers.

Nary a broken
limb, trees are waving good-bye.
We’re glad to join in.

Happy to see blue
sky; for sun’s rays to warm us.
We return to spring.

snow rainbow.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 204 of 293

We have temp of 50* and rain with more rain tomorrow. Lawn will not get mowed until Sunday. Could be worst if I had gone to the Brewers and Cubs game where it is cold, raining and windy. No way when I can sit in my recliner and drink coffee while I watch the game on TV. 

FB_IMG_1486759115188.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 205 of 293

A taste of summer here in the southeast.  90 yesterday & will hit it again today.  I thought we were heading for weather like this for the next 100 days, but it looks like we cool off for a bit.  So maybe only 90 days of this coming? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 206 of 293

bison in the snow.jpgbison in a blizzard

Forecast: rain to snow.
Snow had been falling for hours,
blizzard conditions.

Could not see valley
for the too-early snowflakes.
Overachievers!

Winter’s not for months.
Seven, if we’re exact.
But this is spring, here.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 207 of 293

@GREYGRAMA wrote:

@Epster

WOW!  That is quite a photo! I can't imagine having snow like that. 

@GREYGRAMA So good to hear from you! Hoping things are turning out OK.

I bet you guys see more snow than this in nearly each snowstorm, huh? Some areas of Colorado did get a few feet of snow --it's actually still snowing--, but as of a few minutes ago there was only about 5 inches accumulated on our patio. (Thing is: Mother's Day is our average last frost day, so everybody transplants starts right after Mother's Day. Ouch.)

What's been tough about this storm is that the ground was quite warm, so at least in this area most the precipt that fell melted upon impact. We were left with standing slush everywhere, plus icy crust wherever Ma Nature could pull that off (read whatever exposed north-facing surfaces she found Smiley Happy). We were in blizzard conditions nearly all day yesterday, so visibility was an added trouble for those traveling. It's a wet, heavy snow, and trees have leafed out, so trees are toppling into powerlines causing outages. I knocked snow off trees and the secure chicken yard twice yesterday, still it's really more slog than snow. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 208 of 293

@Epster

WOW!  That is quite a photo! I can't imagine having snow like that. 

PJ
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 209 of 293

Ha ha ha! Maybe weather haiku is a Colorado thing? This was just tweeted out by the police department in a nearby town.

Super heavy snow

Trees are not your friends today

Stay indoors instead

tree hits car.jpgweather haiku #cowxWhich was replied to thusly:

weather haiku.png

weather haiku 2.png

weather haiku 3.png

Perhaps it's the air up here. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 210 of 293

Just got back from golf and finished lunch. Cloudy and temp is around 60. Heavy thunderstorms all around us with hail and trees down in some areas last night. No issues here other than having to wait till the lawn dries out to harvest it again.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views