Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning roll call! MAY-JUNE

Message 171 of 293

The heat & humidity & here to stay now I am sure.  Still in the 80s so it is not too bad.  We are getting plenty of rain, will probably reach the averega of  4" for May.   We have a few tomatoes & peppers growing, still trying to get okra started.   Asparagus & raspberries did not get their share of attention last year so we have neither this year.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 172 of 293

Good Morning! Grab that coffee!

Yesterday was a good day weather-wise until about 10 PM when the rains came in. It rained a lot overnight and after running the pool cover pump for 2 hours yesterday, now there is more to do. It's the same old 2 steps forward, 3 steps back!

It's still lightly raining and 57. It will only go to the low 60's today. The groundhog was sticking his tongue out at me this morning as I tried to shoo him away from the pool from my window. He is so brazen.

Meeting friends for a meal later today. I will have my "twice a year" burger! Can't wait!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 173 of 293

Happy Memorial Day to everybody at the Front Porch.It was a beautiful spring day yesterday,sun was out all day for a change,temps hit 80. In the afternoon,I sat out in the garden for the first time reading my book,felt wonderful.

Alas,its pouring outside at the moment here in Buffalo.,temps will be in the 60's I hope it stops soon so I can walk over to our local cemetary and check on my relatives.

My 'movie buddy',Alexei and I decided there wasn't any movie we wanted to see . I'm glad we didin't go because the 2 opening movies this weekend,"Pirates of The Caribbean","Baywatch' both did poorly at the boxoffice. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 174 of 293

We have nice weather here today and we will be heading to Milwaukee for a Brewers game this afternoon. 

FB_IMG_1495847987900.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 175 of 293

Gosh I love it when the weather guys are wrong in the right way! Instead of a soggy mess, yesterday was pretty decent with temps in the mid 70's and off and on sun. No rain!

Now it's a glorious morning with bright sun at the moment and 61, staying in the upper 60's with maybe clouds and a shower later, but doable!

My little Dollar Store solar flowers and butterfly are dancing away on the windowsill.

TIME FOR COFFEE!

Hope everyone has good weather for any holiday plans you may have.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 176 of 293

If you call thunder
mild, then today’ll be calm.
Eye-level clouds pass.

Free irrigation.
Gully-washers turn
our road into 4WD.

Upside being that
yesterday I transplanted
thirsty little starts.

More transplants, more rain
a sweet symbiosis, this
Rocky Mountain high.

thirsty little starts.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 177 of 293

Good Afternoon. Working on my second cuppa Joe, staring out at the rain and 56 degree day. Went out to grab the trashcan/recyle bin and bring back and it had slowed to a mist. By the time I got them to their places it had started up again. Thunderstorms and wind due later this afternoon and evening. Not exactly a great forecast for the holiday weekend. It may be an OK day on Saturday, but that's about it. By Memorial Day I may be wearing moss, algae, and mud instead of red, white, and blue. Gotta keep rolling so I gather no moss, etc. Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 178 of 293

We are starting out the day with cloudy skies and 60 * and clearing by this afternoon. Golfing at 10:15 this morning! 

A Facebook friend reveals his plans for his wife's upcoming birthday.
"Last year my Wife was furious that I missed her birthday and insisted that in future I should plan at least two months in advance.

Well it is her birthday in 8 weeks time and I'm pleased to say I've already bought her present.

She's going to love that bouquet of flowers......"

😂🤣
Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

FB_IMG_1494344421440.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 179 of 293

She allows warm sun;
threatens severe thunderstorms.
Her shove and tug game.

Colorado life:
Get up before Ma Nature’s
minions organize.

severe thunderstorm.jpgAfternoon thunderstorm

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 180 of 293

61* partly cloudy and today will be a day of reflection.

@GREYGRAMA

Only one success story from yesterday, the wave worked, for the most part. Time to dig out the no-itch ammonia stick.

If nothing else during the weeks before Memorial Day, Mainah's are very friendly we wave at all even, tourists.😇

Happy your dog is on the mend. Yesterday was the first time in 6 months, I touched and played with a chocolate lab, another dog other than a Dutch Shepherd.

Guess that means I need to search for another, 6'4" and maturing knees on concrete floor, playing and giving belly rubs.

Froze

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.