Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning roll call! MAY-JUNE

Message 1 of 293

@Frozenoem  10 people & one bathroom.  I think your relations love you very much to stay this long! And you are more patient than you make out to be!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 293

@LaDolceVita - Houses opposite the ocean/beach are very expensive, and some people bring in palm trees & other tropical plantings, "just for the season". Not sure if they go back to a hot house in the fall .. or meet a less pleasant end. Planned to walk to the marina today & get photos, but it was intermittent drizzle & incredibly humid, so I just walked in my immediate area.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 293

@ASTRAEA  That is a wide sandy beach.  You have a nice destination for your walks!  I can imagine "Paradise" has a lovely view from that room on top with all the windows.  Looks like tropical vegetation, I know that cannot be.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 293

64* partly cloudy expect 72 for a high and possibility of flash floods with the rain coming or already past.

Kinfolk still live and youth. 

*Worst part about 10 people and me, 1 bathroom. Almost time to put a bucket in the old camp humanure and get another bag of peat moss.*

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 293

As far as photos go I was unable to post more photos earlier this week because I had 1000 in my AARP folder. It took me over an hour to figure how to delete a group of them. I have to sign in to the edit mood a couple of times because it was only allowing me to delete one at a time. After I went to the laptop I was able to delete a group at a time. 

On a better note.

Golf yesterday turned out to be my best round of the year so far. It was hot and humid but there was a breeze most of the time. We will haver rain shows off and on most of the weekend. 

11058271_1654176271525667_9067063593141417169_o.jpgFB_IMG_1498356781984.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 293

I agree with you, Sue, about the month going by so fast!

Our weather has been so unusually wonderful this past week. The coolness with hardly any humidity is about to change though.We'll be seeing a rise in temps and humidity, and of course some boomers are ecpected along with that. Guess the AC will be going back on in a while, for a while. Cat Sad

I'm a fan of "real" air. Cat Happy

Oh, well, I'm grateful for the lovely days when they happen and really shouldn't expect much from a summer in Philly but H&H.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 293

Hi,I don't know where this week or month has gone by,zipped by too quickly

The weather here in Buffalo has been so,so,nice on Mon&Weds,rest of the days breezy with rain on/on,temps in the 70's.. I worked in the garden on Mon for 1hr 1/2 with my 'garden supervisor',Don,we got alot accomplished

As I type this,its cloudy/humid with chance of rain and thunderstorms. I hope to go to the movies around noon today weather permitting. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 293

Young sparrow entered
greenhouse at dusk for safety,
or doubt: storms coming.

We closed bird in,
opened vent once storm passed.
Daylight gives result.

A low, loquacious
t-storm hovered at 1
She achieves last word.

bird in a storm.jpgbird in a storm

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 293

@catwoman500 - I complain when I can't! That 2nd photo wouldn't post at all at first. Then it posted .. but only in the "small" size. Then I went back & edited it to be "medium" .. and it worked. How inconsistent can a website be?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 293

@ASTRAEA.Nice photos. I haven't been able to post photos here for months! N.

Kudos
Views