From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning roll call! MAY-JUNE

Message 121 of 293

We have clear skies and temps moving into upper 70's.  As of Monday our house has a new roof because of a hail storm last September which is being paid for by our insurance company. We should have the house resided next week due to the same hail storm. We have replacement cost coverage on the house which I recommend that everyone should have even if you rent.

FB_IMG_1496838799584.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 293

@Frozenoem  Enjoyed your wood stove stories. I never did have a wood stove, but I did have a couple of fireplaces. MN winters aren't exactly for the whimpy either. While we were having a fireplace put into one of our houses, (it had been built a few years earlier) the contractor had a sand pile out in front, covered by an upside down mud pan. It was so cold, that the sand had to be heated up before mixing the mud for the brick work. MJ (my husband) was off one day and volunteered to light the propane torch to heat the sand in order to save the contractor some time. He put it out there, into the hole, and went into the house for another cup of coffee and to warm up. When he went out again to check on it, he could see that the torch went out. So he picked it up, relite it, and put it into the opening again. Whoosh!  The gas under there exploded. When I got home from work that day, he showed me what was left of his pants. A waist band, zipper, the back side and a bit of cloth around the ankles. This was in the '70's, the era of polyester. Thank goodness he had on cotton long johns, or all that melted material would have been in his skin. That fireplace was finished eventually and the fans installed. It was called a heatalator style, and did a fairly good job of warming up the downstairs. 

The next fireplaces were put into the house as it was being built. Two of them called Cozy Heat. The didn't need fans, but relied on convection to draw in the cold air at the bottom and expel it, heated, out the top. Those fireplaces were so efficient you could heat the entire house with just the downstairs unit burning. 

The fireplace in my house in the mountains of New Mexico had a neat opening in the floor of the fireplace. You could sweep all the ashes into the opening, and then on the outside wall of the house was a little door into the space so you could do your cleanout, outside. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 293

Summer weather’s here
Warm up; thunderstorm, cool down.
Repeat and repeat.

Rocky Mountain peeps
and lovers learn to rise and
shine, get on their boots.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 293

Thank you one and all for you prayers and beautiful community comments.

For now for me all is surreal I am not sure why. Her head is covered with gauze Her mouth is filled with all kinds of devices. She can't open her eyes so I really haven't seen my 31 year old baby girl....Perhaps when all of the wires and devices are out of her mouth  I  will be able to feel again. 

Again I am so very grateful to one and all who have offered support and prayers!

T

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 293

@t147244j   Stay focused and believe in the healing that is being sent to you by all of your unseen friends.  There is power there. Now be careful with yourself as you travel back and forth to visit and in your everyday activities. Recovery takes time and you want to be there. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 293

@t147244j

@Epster

The first thing you learn living in Maine Mountains and -40* winters with snow is the importance of a great woodstove, Its care and feeding.

I love my Lopi, it's predecessor the Fisher Grandpa not so, much.

Rear mounted stove pipe used to fall out, when cherry red.

The log cabins woodstove with gold plated glass woodstove - hated. Wife's friend loved hers, we bought and hated, no draft but, pretty.

The camps Glenwood cook stove loved. except on the day I picked up to replace the chimney with double wall pipe.

The front parlor "Round Oak" 

somewhere between love and hate. Could feed once and ignore for rest of day/ night.

Almost missed it the day I hauled it off to stove buyers.

I say almost after finding finial finally after 8 year search of outbuildings and ripping my 1 month old New rotator cuff surgery to heck, while moving it to truck.

5'1" Portuguese descent wife, tried to move stove, to spare my shoulder, on a wheeled hand truck.

Somewhere on the ramp I needed to rescue either ex or the stove uncertain which, and I needed to grab the dolly.

Expletives and pain but, the stove made it to the dealers intact, my new shoulder not so much. The stove dealer wAs good enough to use fork lift to get stove from bed of truck. Did you ever see a fork lift pop a wheelie on its front tires.

Yes, I did cook on and in the Glenwood, lucky me I found a new temperature gauge at Lehman's. Flaky crusts - yeah!

Hope the new owners of camp, never move that beast. I still throb when I remember the day I picked up front of stove, to allow back and flue to drop enough to remove old chimney and insert new.😎

The other 6 stoves from camp, Wangan* and boat house/post office (we bought a logging camp) didn't miss when we sold. 

* Wangan was the old company store and river drivers sleep camp. How to speak river loggers.😎

Froze

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 293

blue skies and hot today in Southlake Tx. .

Make the very best of this day and make beautiful memory for tommorow

- don't worry be happy 

T

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 293

@t147244j

Prayers given, for rapid recovery. Think everyone has been there if not personally been touched by it or something close.

51* rain leaving, hopefully taking the cold with it. That's right I said cold, in Spring it's cold today.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 293

Rainy days and Tues
days always get me going!
Free watering: yay!

rain on flowers.jpgrainy day ahead

@t147244j Still praying.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 293

Sarah had surgery again today. They put another stint in her head and  drained 

alot of pus off her brain. She will be in ICU 2 to 3 weeks.

You are wonderful people and I deeply appreciate your prayers.

Hot humid in Dallas. Rain off and on in Dallas

I hope you all have made this day count. If not try again tommorow

T.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season