When it comes to your workout, there's a good reason not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning roll call! CLOSED - SEE NEW EDITION

Message 1 of 356

@MrsBigTree wrote:

Hi, I'm new here.  Just found the AARP community.  Is the group closed?  Are there any other groups similar.  I am homebound and would like the contact with others.  Thanks for your help.

This group is open! This topic only is closed.

Because the Morning roll call is very popular we change it every 2 months.. The current 2 month period is September and October. All of our many other tops are open. Check them out and add a comment if you so choose 

Welcome to the Front Porch @MrsBigTree.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 356

@MrsBigTree wrote:

Hi, I'm new here.  Just found the AARP community.  Is the group closed?  Are there any other groups similar.  I am homebound and would like the contact with others.  Thanks for your help.

This group is open! This topic only is close. Because the Morning roll call is very popular we change it every 2 months.. The current 2 month period is September and October. 

Welcome to the Front Porch @MrsBigTree.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 356

@MrsBigTree wrote:

This group is open! This topic only is close. Because the Morning roll call is very popular we change it every 2 months.. The current 2 month period is September and October. 

Welcome to the Front Porch @MrsBigTree.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 356

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning roll call!

Message 5 of 356

@GREYGRAMA - Repairman #2 will be here early tomorrow, to work on the refrigerator.

As if it wasn't bad enough that #1 showed up 3+ hours later than I expected last Friday, but he promised to get me a repair estimate Monday, and here it is late Tuesday, and I haven't heard from him! If he was really on the ball, he would have put the estimate together on Saturday, and called me to find out how the Freon was holding up (it wasn't) .. functioning refrigerators are really important, but he obviously didn't care!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 356

@ASTRAEA Sounds like a real miserable situation without a refrigerator. Customer service just isn't what it used to be. Hopefully #2 will come through for you. How old is your fridge? Now a days, I can appreciate " a crazy day" but I know that does not help getting your fridge repaired. 

PJ
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 356

Time to switch to our updated thread.

If you want to reply to an old post you can copy it here and past it on the new thread.

Thanks 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 356

@catwoman500 - Yes, Sub-Zeros have a dual system, so it's just the refrigerator that isn't working. I think that I'm going to write to Sub-Zero, about authorized repairman #1. He was supposed to be at my house "late morning" on Friday; 2nd call of the day, but didn't show up until 3 PM. They don't give out a cell # or have anyone answer their phone until 3 PM, so there was no way to find out where he was. No apology when he showed up, just a comment that it was a "crazy day". And now it's Tuesday & he hasn't contacted me with an estimate! The other repair guy said that he should have been able to work up an estimate at my house, with a smart phone!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 356

@ASTRAEA...Oh, what an inconvenience that is.  Cat Sad I'm thinking you still have the freezer section, right? Hoping you are all set early tomorrow. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 356

@DaveMcK - Have you ever thought of starting a new "Morning Role Call" each month, so it would be easier to look for past comments, without the topic being 35+ screens long? By including the month at the end of the title, it would prevent (hopefully) people from posting to the older threads too.

Today is day 4 WR (without refrigerator). I'm glad the weather's been pretty cold, because everything needing refrigeration & not the freezer, is in a couple of bins on my deck outside the kitchen! After repairman #1 added Freon to the system as a patch on Friday, my guess is that the higher pressure just forced the gas out faster thru the leak faster .. so the temperature in the fridge went from a steady 37 deg to 50 by Saturday AM, and reached a steady 68 by Monday! He was supposed to call me with a repair estimate yesterday .. but I haven't heard from him. I'm glad the local appliance store recommended repairman #2, who came yesterday, gave me an estimate & ordered parts before leaving my house .. and will be here tomorrow to do the work! The temperature's going up to the 50s tomorrow, so I'll be glad to get everything back into the refrigerator as soon as they're finished!

Kudos
Views