Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! MARCH - APRIL

Message 71 of 102

Hi, All,

Lovely day here in suburban Philly...sunny and 36, feels like 30 and may get to a high of 40. The snow ended sometime overnight. Still, I'm stuck. No one has come to ask if I wanted to be shoveled and although I was able to shovel a path to the street to retreive my newspaper, the giant clunks of snow and ice from the plows are blocking me in. The snow is real heavy, too. I may have to wait to get out until it melts! Cat Tongue The streets look good!

Hope everyone is OK.

The best part of this whole storm is that we kept power the whole time. N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! Today we are hearing about a wide range of weather across America. Be sure to check in with the weather in your area. It seems that part's of the Northeast area looking at 2' of snow. Possible tornadoes on the West Coastal areas.

Our featured Front Porch today is hopefully the last showing new snow.

snowy-winter-scenes-5.jpgFB_IMG_1521718426673.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 102

Good Afternoon, Everyone,

Looks like a white-out about now and they say it will only get worse. Lovely news, huh? Cat Tongue

It's 31 and feeling like 27. It will keep on snowing until the wee hours of tomorrow.

You know it's a biggie when they send Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel and Dylan Dreyer from NBC NY Weather to Philly to report the weather. HA!

Always keeping fingers crossed that the power stays on!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 102

New Jersey is getting hail, RAIN and Snow. This mix is supposed to continue all day. Ending in all snow. While, March came in like a lion here in New Jersey. Hope everyone else getting this storm is safe. Nancy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 102

While others freeze, bake

We hit the trail in capris

'Tis Springtime ... for now.

Happy World Poetry Day!  And Happy first day of Spring, too.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 102

Well, Spring arrived with a roar in middle Georgia.  There was wind, rain, hail and general mayhem overnight on Monday/Tuesday night.  This was followed by a beatiful perfect spring day with the temperatures near 70 yesterday.  Then the winds came back and the thermometer began to drop.  This morning we are back to winter with a morning low of 40 that feels like low 30's.  We are in the middle of our annual Cherry Blossom Festival but the blossoms are not paying attention to the calendar.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 102

Spring?

35 here, feeling like 30. Winter storm warning until Thursday AM. They keep upping the predicted snow amounts. Just started flurrying a few minutes ago. Supposedly 6-12" depending on the amount of sleet that comes along with it. There go the daffodils. Cat Sad Gee, this month I feel like I'm living in Alaska instead of eastern PA.

Once again hoping the power stays on. Cat Tongue N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! Today is a cool First Day Of Spring.

spring-1210194_1280.jpg

WHEN IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING?

The spring equinox always occurs on either March 20 or 21. 

YearSpring Equinox (Northern Hemisphere)
2018Tuesday, March 20, at 12:15 P.M. EDT
2019Wednesday, March 20 
2020Friday, March 20

WHAT DOES THE MARCH EQUINOX MEAN?

The word equinox comes from Latin words which literally means “equal night”—aequus (equal) and nox (night). 

On the equinox, the length of day and night is nearly equal in all parts of the world. 

With the equinox, enjoy the increasing sunlight hours, with earlier dawns and later sunsets. See your personalized Sun rise and set calculator.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 102

Erin go Bragh!

Good Morning! Most of my St. Patrick's Day traditions are "used to's." I used to make Irish soda bread and give it to all my friends. I used to make Irish potatoes (candy) and give it away, too. I used to put an Irish music CD/tape in my car and blast it with the windows open. This March's weather is not conducive to open car windows. Of course I will still wear a green Irish sweater tomorrow even though we are going to an Italian restaurant for dinner. Cat LOL (I should wear orange since my family came from County Armagh, but I like green better!) N. (McK.) Cat Wink

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 102

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Bright and sunny here in Madison, Wisconsin with a high temp of 41. What are your St Patrick's day traditions? Mary and I have not decided yet what we are doing yet but it will have some corned beef in the evening menu. 

Sometimes there is nothing like a good messy Reuben sandwich!   A Reuben is a hearty-sized sandwich of corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese on Russian rye bread.  Did you know that the Reuben Sandwich is the nation’s top hotel and restaurant sandwich?

Make yourself one at home and find your happy place. We have even included options for low-fat substitutions.

Reuben-Sandwich2.jpg

FB_IMG_1520637182237.jpgFB_IMG_1519175861785.jpg

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.