Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! MARCH - APRIL

Message 51 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are moving into a cool couple of days and then Spring will arrive in the Upper Midwest.

I have heard from several people here and in private comments. Everyone agrees that less and less people are still here on AARP. I have felt that several have left because of having to many changes to the system here. 

We also have a large group that like to follow but not post as shown by the large number viewers that we have here. It would be nice to get a few likes/Kudos from this group so we know if they like the topics or comments  posted. 

I have noticed that some have used the @DaveMcKeith to much when it turns posts into private conversations. Please try to keep your comments inclusive of all posters here. An exception would be if you are consoling someone for the lose of a pet or supporting someone with health issues.

As we hopefully move into Spring and Summer we will see others here being more active outside and will be seeing less posting here.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 102

I also hope this community continues.  I don't post as much as I did once upon a time other than for the song titles, but this is an important part of my morning routine.  I read other people's posts even if I don't say something myself.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 102

@DaveMcK, @catwoman500  Many friends have left by choice and the more members we lose that are popular there is less and less interest in the threads.  Makes me sad.  My free time has dropped dramatically so I hardly ever post anywhere but here.    I would like to keep this going also.

Rainy days here in NW Georgia.  Hubby is talking about  what to plant in the garden.  The asparagus has sprouted.  There is much to like where I live but so much to dislike.   Constant roar of traffic, souped up cars even in the middle of the night.   And the dreaded summer.   Looks like I will have to endure another one at this location.   My preference would be to move a bit north to higher, cooler ground.  I can stand the winter being somewhat colder.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 102

Hi, Dave. Hmmm, are we talking just Our Front Porch, or all of the AARP community? I like this group as it has no "agenda," and everyone can just say what's on their mind, complain about the weather, and just basically connect with a bunch of (mostly) similar minded people. When you live alone and don't get out a lot due to a little limited mobility, it's nice to find a friend on the porch and just chat. I for one sure hope we continue to have this platform. Thanks for listening! Cat Wink N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! I have question for the group this morning! Just where are we headed here on AARP in the future. I'm getting a message that we have faded and maybe at the point of no return. I understand that we are losing members every week do to health issues and some have passed. We have had several that have tested the waters and moved onto other place or interest. So I'm asking where do we go from here on the Front Porch?

FB_IMG_1491936218918.jpgsouthwest-decorating-3.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 102

Good morning everyone one on the Front Porch. Mist and snow is starting to come down. Mary is in her chair at the polls waiting to check off peoples names at 7:00AM. 

logo.pngFB_IMG_1522758553717.jpg

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! Hoping everyone had a peaceful and enjoyable Easter weekend. Cool and partly sunny today with a forecast of rain,  sleet and snow starting tomarrow evening.

FB_IMG_1522681189777.jpgFB_IMG_1522369029050.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 102

Ooops! I almost forgot...

GO NOVA NATION!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 102

The old, "What a difference a day makes," applies to the Philly area today. From yesterday's kind of mild temps and egg hunts to waking up with snow everywhere, it was unreal.

It has finally stopped, but it's 33 feeling like 30 today. No sun, so the snow is slow to melt. My car is still covered, but the streets look just wet now at almost noon. Some schools were closed, others had a 2 hour delay. Most were already closed for Easter Monday.

Hope everyone had their fill of chcolate bunnies and Peeps. I shouldn't admit as a PA girl that I never have or never will like Peeps! UGH! Cat LOL N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 102

44* and sunny in Maine, flurries maybe. Have actually turned furnace down to 50*.

Wood is so much nicer. Enjoy your Easter, and in spirit of April Fools Day keep looking up for Chinese Space Station re-entry somewhere.

Just picture a belt from Maine to Florida and wrap it around Earth, somewhere in that belt it will hit. 

Weather can be predicted kinda by meteoroligists and my lower back. Space stations not so much.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.