Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! MARCH - APRIL

Message 91 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are waiting for our snow cover to melt so it will get warmer. We are looking at  several days of stable weather. I hope our friends in the Northeast are all recovering from the last two storms. Do you still have electri power?

Hoping everyone has a great weekend.

FB_IMG_1517077085377.jpgFB_IMG_1516231489801.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 102

29* snowing and a couple of feet of fluffy has fallen thus far.

With more coming, Tylenol is my friend and Chelli is laying new tracks outside.

Think I’ll start a fire and bring in some more wood to start a fire.CYA folks, still think there’s more coming later next week.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch!  Hoping everyone in the Northeast part of the country is safe and sound in your homes. Hoping this is the last storm of this type for you all this winter. Be safe!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 102

Good afternoon!

It is really coming down now. Fast heavy flakes of wet snow. It's going to be heavy to shovel when it is all over tonight. I'm going to have to wait until it all melts unless someone comes along and wants to shovel me out.

A lot of places are closed today: schools, banks, etc. Looks like everyone is taken the lesson learned on Friday. Trees falling on cars and people and houses are not fun. I keep hearing sirens. More trees are expected to uproot today and take power lines down. It has been so wet, the trees have no option.

People still are without power from last Friday. I turned up my heat very high so that if the power goes out it will take longer for me to freeze. Cat Tongue Happy Trails, everyone. N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 102

29* Cloudy and expecting snow but, my back is screaming, think there may be another coming.

Weatherman says only one 18” Nor’Easter , wonder if my back is correct and he is wrong.

The joy of maturity and arthritis🤣. Hope all are doing well, moved another half cord of firewood just in case , and now considering pain relief.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 102

Hi, Everyone,

We were very fortunate to have power during the last storm on Friday. There are still folks without power and another nor'easter will be upon us tonight into Thursday morning. We must have had a dozen outages during the day that lasted at the most 15 seconds. So annoying to have to fix the clocks and have the TV's reboot. I finally just left the computer off for the rest of the day and night Friday.

This storm coming in tonight will have winds again, but supposedly not "quite" as bad, but the snow will be heavy and we are getting more of it this time. Trees and power lines are expected to come down. Hard to believe what's coming with the pretty sun and 43 degrees right now. Not happy. I was really ready for spring! Cat Sad N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are getting more snow to add to what we got last night which will be about 3" plus when all is said and done. Temps around the mid 30's. Our big red truck just finished plowing us out.

Our featured Front Porch is like many in Northern Wisconsin this morning where they got around 5". 

snowy-winter-scenes-5.jpgFB_IMG_1520200182281.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 102

@catwoman500  Sending prayers that you will retain power!!  Stay warm & read good books Woman Wink.  Pool time is just around the corner.

@DaveMcK  Take good care of yourselves Dave.  Hope Mary is the patient sort.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 102

@DaveMcK, so glad Mary is home and getting around a bit. Cat Wink

Well, Mother Nature has again smacked us in the face with a heavy dose of reality in the form of a coastal storm. Right now it looks like a snowstorm gone haywire. The winds are wild and we have had rain since yesterday. About a half hour ago it changed to snow and with trees coming down and white-out conditions it is not fun for anyone who has to be out and about.  My worst fear as always is that we lose power. I just can't stand the cold. I can do without lights and TV, but not heat. Keep your fingers crossed for us in the East.

Have a good weekend! N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 102

@DaveMcK  Hoping for the speediest of recoveries for Mary! And the loveliest of springs for us all!

We're getting a wee spring preview today: 63F forecast. Our atomic thermometer is reporting 40F now, 3 hours before sunrise, so I believe this forecast. Woooot!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.