Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! MARCH - APRIL

Message 2 of 102

GREETINGS ALL,

JUST ANOTHER OVERCAST WINDY COLD DAY IN NEW JERSEY.  PACKING UP THE 2 FUR BABIES FOR A DAY OF BEAUTY. THEY ARE TO BIG FOR MY TUB. MY GROOMER IS AFRAID OF THEIR SIZE.  THANKGOODNESS PACKING UP DOGS IS MUCH EASIER THAN CHILDREN. STAY SAFE AND WARM

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 102

@catwoman500  The root canal is behind you?  If you posted about it I have not read it yet.  I am ridiculously busy. I think the stress is beginning to get to me, I feel undewr the weather with a slight headache.  BTW I have finished watching "Victoria"  finally as well as reading Daisy Goodwin's book of the same title.

The southeast is in for an unusually mild spring and I love it.   Nights in the 40s and days in the 60s and 70s.  Does not get any better than that but it does keep my husband from planting the okra seed.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 102

@n566192l  Nancy 

I'm not sure if you knew that I was stationed at Fort Monmouth for a year around 1968 where I took my AIT training in  the Army Signal Corp. Mary joined me for about 7 months after she finished her college degree. We had an apartment in Longbranch while she worked in Asbury Park. We were both off on the weekends and did a lot of traveling mainly along the Atlantic Coast. We were able to go to an Army base at Sandy Hook which had a private beach. We never got used to the main roads and the round abouts like the one by the Monmouth race track. I've heard that the area has changed a lot including the closing of Fort Monmouth. 

David

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 102

HELLO TO ALL,

JUST ANOTHER OVERCAST DAY IN NEW JERSEY. ONLY 51° BUT WINDY , FEEL COLDER. MY DAUGHTER, ASHLEY, HAS ASKED ME TO BRING 2 OF THE VISITING PUPS TO SEE HER. SO UP TO NEW BRUNSWICK WE GO. ASHLEY, IS A STEM MAJOR AT RUTGERS UNIVERSITY. MATH AND SCIENCE IS HER THINGS. THANKS TO DAVE, I WAS ABLE TO SHARE A MATH QUOTE WITH HER. SHE WAS SURPRISED I KNOW ABOUT MATH AND LINES. I DO HAVE AN M.B.A. IN BUSINESS, FROM GEORGIAN COURT UNIVERSITY, LAKEWOOD, NEW JERSEY. HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL AND IS SAFE.  NANCY

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 102

53* and pouring buckets, grass is beginning to turn green. Most snow has melted.

Lawn mower is plugged in, for eventual use. Back to packing book boxes, too many.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 102

Good Morning!

Chilly start to the day here in the Philly burbs. There is a breeze so there is a wind chill. It was 41 feeling like 35, and they say by Thursday we'll be in th 80's!

Had to be up early this AM and was very surprised to see 3 white tailed deer strolling out of my neighbor's driveway and over to our side of the street. Something must have spooked them because then they ran right in front of my house and disapperared. Where? I have no clue. There are really no woods in our neighborhood except for a small patch where I saw them coming out the driveway. Now I know who must have eaten the tops off my tulips! The other day I was thinking how nice they looked and yesterday morning the tops were gone.

Meanwhile I didn't get the water off the pool cover in time and the ducks are back. Just 2 this year. There are usually 3. These 2 are not easy to shoo away. Usually If I just wave a broom up and down they will fly off, but these two just wandered around the yard with me hobbling after them until they finally figured out I wasn't going to give up. Cat LOL

The other day one of the stray cats that seems to like my yard had a staring contest with the resident groundhog. It was peaceful and the cat just walked away. N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are looking at temps approachin the 70's todsy. The bluest skies possible this morning and not much of a chance of much needed rain. Hoping everyone has a great week. Coffee is poured on our featured Front Porch this morning. 

front-cottage-garden-maureen-gilmer_1631.jpgFB_IMG_1523934066862.jpg 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 102

MY LAWN WAS MOWED TODAY. WINDOWS OPEN. THE FUR BABIES ARE OUTSIDE ENJOYING THE SUN. THANKGOODNESS, I HAD TO VACUUM 4x yesterday. 20 PAWS CAN BRING IN MUD. BUT,  WE ARE SAFE. I HEARD FROM THE OWNERS OF THE VISITING PUPS. THEY ARE SAFE AS WELL. I AM GLAD, AND AWAITING THEIR SAFE RETURN.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 102

Happy Saturday!

The lawn guys cut my lawn for the first time today and the grass smells so good. I opened the breezeway doors, but it's still chilly in here. 65 today and a little sun. We seem to be alternating sun and rain these days. It may reach 80 by next Thursday! Time for more coffee! N.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.