Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! MARCH - APRIL

Message 31 of 102

HELLO TO ALL,

CATWOMAN 500, SAID IT SO WELL ROLLERCOASTER. EVERYONE, CHECK OUT THE OLD ADS DAVE POSTED UNDER "COFFEE". BOY THEY BRING BACK MEMORIES!!. I STILL HAVE THE 2 EXTRA FUR BABIES HERE. ALL IS GOING GREAT, THE DOGS ARE SO WELL TRAINED. GETTING UP AT 4:30am, IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT.  HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL. NANCY

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 102

We have been on @PattyDiane's rollercoaster, weather-wise here in the Philly burbs. YIKES!

Yesterday it was 82 and sunny, but it dropped so fast last night! Now it is 41 and feels like 35!

On the way to a play last night I had the AC on in the car, and on the way home I had the heat on!!!

CRAZY!

Right now it is raining…it was awful with wind and mist trying to get in and out of the grocery store this AM. Tomorrow we are supposed to have severe thunderstorms in the morning.

Hopefully an even keel will be reached eventually. Cat Tongue

Smooth sailing, everyone! N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 102

@

@n566192lwrote:

Hello to all,

DAVE LOVE THE PICTURES. CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE R.E. D.ON THE COFFEE CUP STANDS FOR?. THIS WEEKEND IS GOING TO WARM UP IN NEW JERSEY. I HOPE SO, I WILL BE WATCHING 2 DOGS. OUR MILITARY IS BEING SENT SOMEWHERE. I WATCH THEIR DOGS WHILE THEY ARE AWAY. HOPEFULLY, MY NEW FUR BABIES AND I CAN GO OUT AND ABOUT. BESIDES, I LOVE TO SHOW OFF WELL TRAINED DOGS. I THINK IF THESE 2 DOGS HAD POSSIBLE THUMBS, THEY WOULD HELP ME WITH THE HOUSE WORK!!!

Extra kudos for this NancyWoman Very Happy

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 102

Good evening everyone on the Front Porch! Weather Bulletin: Hoping everyone has a safe evening and better weather than is forecasted for the upper Midwest. "Due to the winter snow storm, (or should we say spring snow storm? 🤔) we will be closed for dinner tonight. Everyone stay warm and safe out there! ❄️"
The White Gull Inn in todays photo below is located in Fish Creek, Door County, Wisconsin. It is known for having the "Best Breakfast in America" which is their cherry stuffed french toast. One of our favorite places to eat when we are on vacation in the area. Door County could get 10 or more inches by tomorrow night. Sleet storm damage from this morning in my home town of Ripon 75 mIles North of Madison.

FB_IMG_1523745684818.jpgFB_IMG_1523741824471.jpgWhite Gull InnFB_IMG_1523743711552.jpgFB_IMG_1523744890764.jpgRipon sleet storm

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 102

DAVE,

THANK YOU FOR THE EXPLANATION OF R. E. D. TODAY, I PICKED UP 2 DOGS OF SERVICEMEN WHO ARE OUT OF THE USA. BOTH DOGS WERE WEARING RED SHIRTS.  THANKS AGAIN. NANCY

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 102

@n566192l

"If you follow us on Facebook or Twitter you know that every Friday we celebrate R.E.D. Friday. You most likely see lots of images like the one below, and lots of people posting pictures of themselves wearing red."

What is R.E.D. Friday?

RED is an acronym that stands for Remember Everyone Deployed. R.E.D. Friday was created to remind people of our heroes overseas and show that we are thinking of them. People across the country wear red every Friday to serve as a reminder and spread the message of how important it is that we keep our troops in our thoughts.

How did R.E.D. Friday Get Started?

Their link: https://soldiersangels.org/contact-us.html

Remember those email chains you used to get asking you to forward to 10 friends – or all of your friends? There were all kinds: some claiming ridiculous things, some trying to raise awareness for campaigns or diseases, and some that were just plain silly. This is how R.E.D. Friday originated: an email chain back in 2005.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 102

Hello to all,

DAVE LOVE THE PICTURES. CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE R.E. D.ON THE COFFEE CUP STANDS FOR?. THIS WEEKEND IS GOING TO WARM UP IN NEW JERSEY. I HOPE SO, I WILL BE WATCHING 2 DOGS. OUR MILITARY IS BEING SENT SOMEWHERE. I WATCH THEIR DOGS WHILE THEY ARE AWAY. HOPEFULLY, MY NEW FUR BABIES AND I CAN GO OUT AND ABOUT. BESIDES, I LOVE TO SHOW OFF WELL TRAINED DOGS. I THINK IF THESE 2 DOGS HAD POSSIBLE THUMBS, THEY WOULD HELP ME WITH THE HOUSE WORK!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 102

Morning folks.  Nice day here in NW Georgia.  @PattyDiane.  We are staying in the high 50s Monday, a switch from the next 2 days for sure. Actually I love cool days with the hint of spring in the air. 

Just spoke with someone from the midwest, much farther south than Dave in Wisconsin and they are expecting snow after suffering through an 84 degree day w/ high humidity.   Weird weather time, thankfully no storms & tornadoes yet. 

Things settling down with mom, she is able to eat almost everything now, just does not have the appetite she used to have.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 102

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch!  We are looking at a mixture of weather this weekend and non of it is Spring like that is for sure.

FB_IMG_1521989503261.jpgFB_IMG_1516678496650.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 102

Well, our weather roller-coaster continues here in middle Georgia.  We've finally had a few days that feel like spring and it appears that summer might hit tomorrow with a high in the mid-to-high 80's.   Sunday is predicted to bring rain and storms then back to winter on Monday with the high only in the low 60's.  At this rate, by the time it's safe to put away the winter clothes it will be time to get them out again.  At least no snow here so no complaints from me.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season