Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019

Message 31 of 169

Frozen,

Saw on the News today about the Maine lobster man who caught the candy lobster. The colors of that lobster are phenomenal. So glad it's not going to wind up on someone's dinner plate. Nature is so cool

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 169

66* and sunny. Will be having 70’s and 80’s days but, our saving feature for weather is 50* nights, good for sleeping.

@n566192l 

Will attempt a call perhaps on Monday, awaiting my talking voice to return. Only communications I’ve had for last 2-3 weeks have been texts or emails. Breathing has been a bugger, breathe ribs move😡.

If you could get past typing with thumbs🤣, it’s easier than speaking at times. Besides when  in spotty areas for cell reception (speaking) texts do generally go out.😇

@LaDolceVita 

For walks in the woods, if nervous buy a can of bear spray, and a whistle (legal in all 50 states and Canada) But, must be labeled as “Bear spray”.$40 or less.

I like the bears up here, they leave when they smell/ hear/see  you or dogs coming. Or vice versa. Unless they have cubs then it’s a whole nother ballgame.

When hunting season comes, suggest bright “Orange vests, gloves and hats for you. Vests for dogs” No pink only orange, not dressing for fashion but, survival.

Have had more than few people mistaken for deer, because they were wearing white mittens and hanging clothes on the line. Amazes me Everytime a flatlander or someone from away (out of stater) shoots a dog, cat, cow, horse or person because they saw movement and didn’t wait to see what moved.🤬

There’s a word that springs to mind when that happens. 

Froze

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 169

@n566192l, thanks for the offer of cat goodies.  I sent you a PM for more info.  No prob with forgetting my name.  I forget names, even without meds!  Woman Very Happy

@LaDolceVita, are those black bear sightings?  They are generally not aggressive, except they get more wary with their kids in tow.  They don't like loud noises, so screaming may be a good thing.  I like to sing when hiking and I spot a bear, but then, I scare all wildlife and other hikers away.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 169

Greetings,

I did send out the orange vests I have with boxes. I think I forget to give people tracking numbers. UPS said delivery should be there Tuesday. Frozen, just waiting to hear back from you about the different types of coffee.  Sorry, medication. But, I do keep my word.  Nancy

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 169

Doing penance here in the southeast for living in Camelot during much of the year.   This is the weather I love to hate, the HHH!   It simply does not feel good to go outside.  Six more days of it but the weather folks trick you this time of year and a heat wave usually lasts longer than they initially let on.

Two bear sightings reported near the homestead by our friendly neighbor.  I do not know the time frame.  Makes me rethink those walks in the wood with the dogs.  I do not think bears respect the orange & yellow vests that the dogs will be wearing or the bright pink one that I am planning to wear.    If I see a snake I usually scream & run.  I dont think that is a good idea with a bear.   Smiley Embarassed:  Smiley Embarassed   I like to think that I am a country girl but I guess I am just a wannabe. 

@n566192l  hopefully you will be your old self soon.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 169

MsStretch,

Sorry, I forget your name. Just new medication. But I wanted to let you know that I have 🐈 supplies if you would like. I can UPS them to you. Great thing you do. I mustly get donations for 🐕 , however, while I was away box and boxes of 🐈 items came. Just wanted to share. Nancy.

Great weekend in New Jersey. Just at the storage unit trying to make room. 

Frozen, I have all Coffee. Just let me know. 

Hope everyone is doing great

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 169

Hi, Everyone,

Oh, what a beautiful morning! It was 64 earlier with no sign of humidity, going to around 85 later. Went to sleep with bedroom windows wide open and a sheet and light blanket. Woke in the middle of the night to pull up the comforter! WOW! How refreshing!

The sun is shining brightly and the goldfinches are munching on the coneflower seeds. Wish I could snap a photo, but they are too fast for me and fly as soon as the door opens.

Tonight is dinner and game night for me so I’m looking forward to that. Hope everyone can enjoy a good weekend, N.

Rummikub.jpgOne of our favorites

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 169

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on  this Friday morning from Wisconsin! We have great weather out with temps in the upper 70's during the day and around 60* af night. 

Yesterday was a great day for golfing and I played quite well. Hoping everyone has a great weekend!

FB_IMG_1485452564824.jpg576234_517931228253211_1288680209_n.jpg67885850_10217313368579215_5866183293426204672_n.jpgFB_IMG_1541789936803.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 169

Yep, I would be the one with Kitty Kamp and the assorted kitty huts and igloos.  Was just out brushing two of the little darlings. 

Now I've got my little indoor compatriot proofreading as I type. 

lkjsef0329(*)Hdwoq)#**^%  (Doesn't alway work out too well.)

Maybe we'll have a little party later in honor of International Cat Day, complete with t-r-e-a-t-s.  Ah yes, they know that word.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 169

@n566192l 

Best guess for feral cat igloos here, would be @MsStretch.

@catwoman500 

Best guess for AARP games working is you got an update for Java to your computer.

I generally leave mine off, but, sometimes allow it to run when needed for watching TV channels or some games, by internet.

Froze

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark