Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019

Message 111 of 160

96* and sunny now, humidity 58%, dew point 80. Means hotter than I like.

@LaDolceVita 

Southern Maine is the land of A/C permanently attached to house. All of those asphalt streets, malls, etc.

Rural Maine has a few but, we have forests (shouldn’t get heat waves) and mountains.

Portable 200 lb A/C or window unit, stuck in yesterday-an owwie.

Keeps house around 72*🤣

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 160

@Frozenoem   Feel better Froze.  Do most people have AC in Maine?

This odd shaped  heat advisory has pretty much left us alone but we have the usual  July crummy weather.  It is not bad if you dont move around.  Will be 83 today but 80% humidity it requires AC and I hate going outside.  Would be better at the homestead, a degree or 2 cooler and the air fresher because of all the trees.   Humidity even higher there though. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 160

And it’s hot, finally got the A/C in window just in time for my first 90* day. Saturday and Sunday promise 100’s.

Hope you all enjoy the day, I’ll be hiding in a dark corner with ice packs. Only released a minor strings of expletives, ribs aren’t totally healed.

Only good points, C and I have A/C and now maybe rib will go where it should.🤣

Froze

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 160

Image result for positive thought for a friday

Image result for positive thought for a friday

Be good to YOU, Porch Peeps!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 160

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch on this mixed up weather day! We had rain, wind and thunder storms starting at 3:00 AM and ending around noon. Given this our golf league was rained out. Given this  I am putting together some golf trivia and memes.

• Lighting Strike: What should you do if your round of golf is interrupted by a lightning storm? Walk around holding your 1-iron above your head, because even Mother Nature can’t hit a 1-iron.
  • What else are doctors good at besides there occupation: Where can you find 100 doctors all at the same place on any given day?  A golf course!!"
  • Did you know this About Scottish People: Do you know why there are 18 holes on a golf course? Because that's how long it took the Scotts who invented the game to finish their bottle of whiskey!

Scottish golfers drink whiskey

• Marriage Made with a Long Putt : You spend too much time thinking about golf! Do you even remember the day we got married? Of course I do! It was the same day I sank that 45-foot putt.

• The fisherman: What is the difference between a golfer and a fisherman? When a golfer lies, he doesn’t have to bring anything home to prove it.
  • A classic: Why do golfers always carry a spare pair of trousers with them? In case they get a hole in one.  
  • The Rider: After they went into the locker room, another golfer who had heard the old guys talking about their game went to the pro and said, "I've been playing golf for a long time and thought I knew all the terminology of the game, but what's a rider? The pro said, "A rider is when you hit the ball far enough to actually get in the golf cart and ride to it."
  •  

Will and Guy's Top 10 Golf Caddy Jokes

1. Golfer: Think I'm going to drown myself in the lake.
    Caddy: Think you can keep your head down that long?
  2. Golfer: I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course.
    Caddy: Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth.Funny Golf Caddy Jokes
  3. Golfer: Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?
    Caddy: Eventually.
  4. Golfer: You've got to be the worst caddy in the world.
    Caddy: I don't think so sir. That would be too much of a coincidence.
  5. Golfer: Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much of a distraction.
    Caddy: It's not a watch - it's a compass.
  6. Golfer: How do you like my game?
    Caddy: Very good sir, but personally, I prefer golf.
  7. Golfer: Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday?
    Caddy: The way you play, sir, it's a sin on any day.
  8. Golfer: This is the worst course I've ever played on.
    Caddy: This isn't the golf course. We left that an hour ago.
  9. Golfer: That can't be my ball, it's too old.
    Caddy: It's been a long time since we teed off, sir.
  10. Golfer: Do you think my game is improving?
    Caddy: "Yes sir, you miss the ball much closer now.HBlogonew3.jpgI-Open-A-New-Box-Of-Balls-Funny-Golf-Meme.jpggolfing-rain.jpegGettyImages-484500416-1-1024x768.jpgGettyImages-481317804-1-1024x768.jpgHow-to-Play-Golf-in-the-Rain.jpgFunny-Golf-Warning-Picture.jpgFunny-Golf-Safety-Board.jpg
Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 160

Presently 76* actual in Maine, not to worry we’ll be getting the 100’s this weekend. 

When that’s promised for Rangeley area it’s a Foxtrot moment. Figure if it gets to hot I’ll go to Mt. Washington For a cold down.

@LaDolceVita 

It’ll be a year in August, I’m thrilled. Admit it was easier to bundle up and work at -65* than breathing while hot.

@MsStretch 

I remember jungle breathing high temps, HHH in Cumberland Gap and camping off Skyline Drive? The only ones in our hikers moving fast were the dogs, frigging hot.

Think I’ll have to succumb to Summer and actually put the big A/C in the Window today. All the insulation in my old house is fine to a point, anything above 98* you just can’t sleep comfortably..

It becomes as joyous as staying warm at -20* with oil heat alone.

Mint Juleps to all🤣.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 160

@LaDolceVita wrote:

@MsStretch  I did not know it was that hot in Va!   I guess I should stop complaining about Ga heat.  We have not seen 100 here for several years. Back in 2011 or 2012 we did hit 106 one day. Even the basement was hot with ceiling fans going. 

VA is suffering from the current heat wave scorching the central and eastern U.S..

An Excessive Heat Watch  has been issued for this area until 9 PM on Sunday. No plans for any invigorating outdoor adventures this weekend.  Indeed, I was just reading about some outdoor events and activities may be canceled due to the heat wave.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 160

@MsStretch  I did not know it was that hot in Va!   I guess I should stop complaining about Ga heat.  We have not seen 100 here for several years. Back in 2011 or 2012 we did hit 106 one day. Even the basement was hot with ceiling fans going. 

@catwoman500   I do feel for you.  @Frozenoem  6-8 weeks to wait for results is miserably long.   Seems like this has lasted close to a year!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 160

@catwoman500 ,

Here's a couple of other animals who know what to do to stay cool:

Image result for cooling off picture

Piglet says, "Ohhhh, this feels so good!"  I bet it does.

Boxer found the next best thing to snow and made it his bed.

Look at that smile on his face!  A truly happy big, big baby!

Be safe Porch Peepers. Stay cool, drink lotza water and other cold fluids, and stay out of the sun.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 160

Sitting on deck and decided to check my weather app.

0E0BF2A1-1B96-4189-ADF5-4005B2C4E9CA.jpeg

Yep, it’s HOT. 🥵

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet