Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019 CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019 CLOSED

CLOSED - PLEASE USE SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER 

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to July 2019. We had a strong Sunday morning storm to ring out the month of June on the Front Porch! Welcome to July 2019. Going to be a busy day tomorrow if we do not have more rain. Remember that May - June are CLOSED now.

Nevertheless+I+Live_+June+Wrap+Up+&+July+Plans+by+A+Love+Worth+Living+For+Blog+&+Shop.jpeg61243547_643182779486681_2673156665431293952_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Recognized Social Butterfly

Summer miseries here.  Its hot and humid and hazy.  Only good thing I can say is it could be worse.  The temps could go to 95 and it could stop raining on a regular basis.  I better stop now, I do not want to bring everyone down with me.  Going to lunch with a friend so maybe I will cheer up.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

It’s still comfy and 70* here but, the stickies will be back later, with temps in the 80’s. Luckily cool overnights.

Had to just relax for a few days, balance still screwed up, dirt is softer than picnic tables.

Seven more days to either answers or more tests, feel the latter coming.

Last this picture is a plastic coat hanger in a vehicle, if you travel with pets, or children you might like to keep it in mind.

70* outside temp, 120* inside vehicle70* outside temp, 120* inside vehicle

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Related image

Image result for animated happy july  4th

Related imageTo Everyone on Our Front Porch,

May you enjoy the holiday and the freedom it represents. Wishing everyone a happy and safe July 4th, 2019!!!

God Bless One and All,

Lydia

Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy Fourth of July, Porch Peeps!

I hope you all have a star-spangled, sparkler of a day whether you are partying with family and friends, or just relaxing at home by yourself.

I'm leaving later this afternoon to get together with our Game Night Girls at one of their homes.

We will have hotdogs and all the other "picnic stuff" only we'll be indoors as the heat and humidity will be awful.

ENJOY!

Eat well!Eat well!

Keep your pets safe!Keep your pets safe!

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning all when it’s 80* in mountains at 9:24 you know it’ll be a scorcher today.

Saw the first sign of Summer today the Packards, MG’s and Triumphs were out, yes, framing was off was in traffic.

Packard and friendsPackard and friends

You might be in Maine when you pass sign for Husseys General- Beer, Shotguns and Wedding Dresses.

Gotta go, enjoy your day after the fourth.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

0ceed2de-b7b1-43ac-a715-954358c1c8dc-4.jpga652786efa3c4284a82112ec21b86ae7-superJumbo (1).jpgGood morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this 4th of July morning! Have an enjoyable holiday weekend. 

355956-Good-Morning-Happy-4th-Of-July-Everyone-.jpgphoto-2.jpgFourth_of_July_fireworks_behind_the_Washington_Monument,_1986.jpgHollyhock-Lane-Parade-4th-of-July-Grand-Rapids.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

65* climbing to upper 80’s and sticky for remainder of month. Luckily still in 50’s overnight.

A/C didn’t happen yet, nor did the haying in back yard, coming closer just not quite.

@LydiaN586309 

You had to say it, need to trim a branch on old growth pine this week. I’ll be taking the EZ way though no ladders, 8’  pole with Poulan chain saw at end.🤣

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for good morning

Hello, Everyone!

I know it's early and maybe not everybody's quite up yet, but I'm just about ready to get off of work now.  So I thought I'd send my greetings out now.  When I came in to work yesterday, I was skating through a rain storm which brought flooding to the expressways.  But I hear tell now, the coast is clear and the sun and heat are both back and rising.  So I'm ready to kick this popsicle stand and get out to meet a new day.

By the way, @Frozenoem , thanks for telling now about the chainsaw-on-a-stick.  Indeed, that would have been much easier and a whole lot safer too.  But I wobble, wobbled through it on my trusty, crusty old wooden ladder and equally crusty knees and hip joints.  

Anyway, for me it's... 

Image result for coffee time

and I gotta get to it!!!

Needless to say......

Image result for coffee time

Ummmmmm!  I can't wait.  Got my lips, teeth, and gums all set for the first sip of that piping hot, cream-colored deliciousness.  Yum, yum, yum!

Wishing each and every one the bestest and blessest day!  Image result for have a great day all

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

80* sunny and heating up.

@LydiaN586309 

Sorry have been singing the praises and shortcomings of my handy dandy Poulin what doesn’t it do for years.

Last time when Stretch had trees to trim around her house, or someone complained about winter sand on grass, or grass trimming. 3 or more heads it does everything.

I’m still avoiding ladders, balance is shot. 12’ up in the air to the dangling limb, with a reach of 14’feet, just seemed easier for me than falling 12’ from a ladder.

I think it cost $2-300 for chain saw attachment, string trimmer and broom head with motor for all and strap for shoulder.

Never have been a fan of heights but, needed for camp.

Trimmed low lying branches on old growth pines to let sunshine in to a height of 25’, while sitting on a roof👍. Beat all heckouta hiring a forester to trim 40 trees for $1200.

Time to eat and get caffeine cold brew😎.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Related image

Morning, Porch Peepers!

The weather here has been exceedingly hot and wonderful!  This is what I have waited all winter long for--hot days and warm nights and NO SNOW!!!!!!  YAY! 

So I have been able to spend the last coupla days working in my yard.  Today I trimmed five large bushes and pruned one large pine tree.  My ladder is kinda rickety, but I was able to get up on it and prune the highest branches on one side of the pine and then all around the base.  Will have to tackle the other side of the pine tomorrow.  At least, that's the plan.  In any case, the front yard is looking well groomed and dressed.  With all of the greenery now tamed, I just might add a little color with some potted plants.  Will see.

While I was out working in the blazing sun, my mailman happened by with a whole stack of mail for me. Before he could drop it in my mailbox, I offered to save him a few steps and take it. As he turned to go on to the next house, I offered him an ice cold bottle of water from my fridge.  He seemed a bit hesitant, but looked up at the sun and then back at my sweat-drenched face and said yes.  I quickly ran in and got him two bottles from the fridge. He was very thankful and went on with a smile. I smiled to myself.  Just glad I was able to do something nice and unexpected.  By the way, this is a temporary fellow as "my" regular mailman retired a month or so ago. He had been my mailman for at least 15 years or so.  Since then there have been several different folks who have passed by.  Guess we'll get a regular mail guy or gal soon. "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."  Yep, I'll have some iced cold water just waiting for the next mailman on a hot, hot day. 

Image result for picture of a mailman

Thanks guys...and gals!

Regular Social Butterfly

I am sure you realize how lucky you are to be in that place in this time. Best wishes to you both and please continue to share the "coffee" times with us; I for one am envious...

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Recognized Social Butterfly

Happy July!  The countdown to fall has begun.  I figure you folks in the northeast corner probably do a countdown to spring in the winter.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

We only perform the countdown to snow and whether we have enough firewood handy.

Presently 75* and sunny, would rather not think of snow/cold for moment.

Too many -35 to -60* days last winter, which began on Day of Mourning/Columbus Day.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All,

We are having the last of the 2 lovely days we were given. Steam heat and its thunderstorm activity arrives again tomorrow and will last for a while. Last night I even had to pull up the blanket!

Right now it is 81 and it feels like 81! Woke up to 66! So nice with the low humidity.

Of course with every good thing comes a "pita." Today it was a water company reconstructing the sewer connections in the neighborhood. (We had gotten a notice on our doors last week that this would take place today.) So we were supposed to limit all liquids from going down the drains and not supposed to use the washer or dishwasher. I felt like a pioneer for a few hours. I threw the water I used for washing blueberries and my toothbrush out into the yard. Cat LOL

They arrived around 8 AM. We were told it would take about 4 hours, but I still see some of the huge trucks on the street (it's almost 2 PM) Some of the trucks left so I hope they finish soon. Happy July, everyone! N.

Swingin' into JulySwingin' into July

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP