Boycotts, Movements and Marches: Relive Some of the Events That Led To Change During the Civil Rights Movement. Read More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! JANUARY - FEBRUARY

Message 1 of 114

Sunny and 41 here right now. Snow came in like it was on steroids last evening and dumped about 4 inches. Thankfully it is melting fast. Driveway and roads are already clear. Still waiting for it to melt off the car.

Mid week it should reach the 70's! Cat Surprised

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 114

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch!  Very bright start to our Sunday morning with no snow in the forecast. Tomorrow we will have a rainy day with a melt off of the snow we have on the ground. 

Our featured Front Porch today will give us preview of Spring melt off.

FB_IMG_1516129598647.jpg

FB_IMG_1511386022437.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 3 of 114

@PattyDiane  Smiley Happy Glad you enjoyed the video. Hope you enjoy the warmth this week, too.

We had the same fruit trauma last spring: the warm up came early, our orchard responded and then we got a deep freeze the end of May that killed all fruit sets. Ugh. The only fruit I harvested last year --besides the wild berries-- were grapes and strawberries, which had not participated in the early budding gig. Hoping not to repeat that. Like ever. Smiley Happy

We've had an unusually dry winter, so we're all doing happy dances at the thought of a nice thick blanket of white tomorrow. Smiley Happy (Besides, my allegedly improved snowshoes just came back from the repair shop: I got's ta try 'em out!) Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 114

I really enjoyed the great "Dogs in Snow" video.  No danger of seeing any of it filmed here in middle Georgia.  For those of you tired of cold and snow, think of us.  We broke a record high yesterday of 81.  It's to be a bit cooler today with a high of 69, but back up to the high 70's for the week.  Right now our big concern is that everything will bloom too soon and then we'll have a freeze.  This happened last year and a lot of the peach crop was lost.  It's nice when you can wear shorts and flip-flops in February,  but not so great for Mother Nature.

Message 5 of 114

Well we enjoyed a sunny 59F day yesterday in which DH and I took a nice long walk, hung out in the yard and got started on a case of spring fever. It is now hours before sunrise and 55 degrees out. But also there are 30MPH winds. The winds are ushering in an arctic blast that will leave us with -2F overnights for the first few days of next week, but also: S N O W, and apparently plenty of it! Yay! Hurrah! Yipee! and Yes, please!

To celebrate, here's a fun video of dogs in snow:

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 6 of 114

Happy Valentine's Day, All! Heart

50 right now. Thursday 60 and then snow Saturday...go figure. N.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 114

@catwoman500

The Flu says I’ll take a few Fasnacht, don’t tell my doc.

But he says moderation is good, even fried.

@LaDolceVita

Mud won’t be happening for awhile more, icing maybe in driveway.

Temp 30*, sunny low overnight still 0-10*. But, you take heatwaves as presented.

Froze

Message 8 of 114

Happy Valentine's Day, people! Smiley Happy

Here's a video of heart shapes in nature:

Message 9 of 114

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are looking at a mild day for Valentine's day with a high of 41*.Join me for toast and coffee this morning. 

FB_IMG_1518608719731.jpgFB_IMG_1518609106440.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 10 of 114

We are having a real heat wave, 74 tomorrow with high humidity.  I much prefer seasonable weather.   Oh and you should see the mud around here!  We have nor winds or sun to dry it up and more rain expected in the next 10 days.  No Camelot here.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar