Forced Nursing Home Evictions Must Stop. AARP Foundation Is Helping Protect the Most Vulnerable. Learn How

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! JANUARY - FEBRUARY

Message 71 of 114

Good morning everyone one on the Front Porch! Got up at 4:00AM to a barking dog. Our oldest daughter is here for awhile with her Golden Retriever Lola who is 19 months old. We will be having sunny skies and temps in the 40's. 

I would like to show you all one of my favorite Front Porches in Wisconsin. Some of you may remember this majestic Lady from a post of mine a few years ago. Remember that this was just a Summer home. LOL 

Black Point is an estate on the south shore of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin, United States, built in 1888 as a summer home by Conrad Seipp, a beer tycoon from Chicago. It has also been known as Conrad and Catherine Seipp Summer House and as Die Loreley

The Queen Anne style mansion features a nautical-themed, four-story, "crow's nest" observation tower, which can be seen from many points on the lake; the property also features post-civil war-era furniture.

It was designed by Adolph Cudell. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.

The state of Wisconsin owns the property and leases it to the Black Point Historic Preserve, a nonprofit organization which manages the property for public tours, which began in June 2007. We visited here in the Fall of 2016. The estate and its grounds, including 620 feet of shoreline, are protected from future development by a conservation easement co-held by the Geneva Lake Conservancy, a local not-for-profit conservation organization, and the Wisconsin State Historical Society. 

FB_IMG_1516875180176.jpgFB_IMG_1516819788125.jpgFB_IMG_1516819868258.jpgFB_IMG_1516819804730.jpg

Time for some coffee. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 114

@DaveMcK, Ahhh, there is nothing like a wrap-around porch; so inviting! Cat Happy

My grandmother's porch had 2 sides and we thought that was great, but a wrap-around has always been a favorite. N.

Message 73 of 114

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! Cloudy with a high temp of 30* today. 

Todays Southern Front Porch has one cool porch.

Click to view:  http://www.captivatinghouses.com/2018/01/24/north-carolina-1854-greek-revival/

Message 74 of 114

37 was forecast but we endured a sunny 46. 14 expected tonight. Then we bounce around between mid 40s, 50s and 30s through the first week of February. No snow in the forecast. That wee smidge that fell a few days ago is all but gone. My snow slug is hanging on, though, because I packed the snow. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 75 of 114

@DaveMcK...Nice "stoops" as they would say in Philly! Cat Happy

56 right now in the burbs. Yesterday we hit 63. Cold air will be moving in soon. Today started out with heavy rain and wind, but now the sun is out.

Just cooked up a "vat" of veggies, so I'm good for the week. N.

Message 76 of 114

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch!  We are cleaning out of another light snow of around 2". Cooler temp will be around for a while. Looking forward to Wednesday evening for a Restaurant Week dinner out with friends at a steak house. This is one of the fun traditions we have had for several years. 

Below are some interesting photos of urban Front Porchs in an urban brownstone setting. 

800px-Bedstuybrownstone1.jpgbrownstone_sharona_gott.jpge39735d7b2661985693797474bad57d1--front-stoop-front-porches.jpg

Message 77 of 114

DaveMcK wrote:

@catwoman500

Fly Eagles Fly! Take down the Vikqueens!

Well...WE DID!

Not even sure if the Vikings were on the field tonight.Final...Vikings 7, Eagles 38. Sounded like the 4th of July around here.

SUPER BOWL, HERE WE COME! Cat Very Happy N.

Message 78 of 114

Well. We finally got snow worth shoveling (a whole 4 inches) and I celebrated by making a snow sculpture. I decided on a snow slug because there simply isn't enough snow around to make a snowman. Smiley Happy

When life gives you a teensy bit o'snow, make a snow slug!When life gives you a teensy bit o'snow, make a snow slug!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 79 of 114

@DaveMcK

Avoid anything with HOA’s and build your front porch, your on your own for the rest.

I live in front porch Land, I’ll keep Mud rooms and partially enclosed to keep snow and rain off.

@LaDolceVita

You know how to contact me, if really suffering with I-7 in Windows 10.

Read up on Spectre and Meltdown for your Mac and PC.

If considering a Thinkpad,  consider Lenovo instead both made by same company. Only thing missing is pointy stick with red cat tongue cap.

PC scan with Antimalware, CCleaner, antivirus program, and get all updates/patches for both.

In computer question read up on flashing your UEFI/Bios If last update for Spectre/Meltdown slowed both computers to snails.

Only apply correct patch flash of needed, not all created equal.😬

30* sunny and windy, snow coming Tuesday, followed by rain and icing. Gotta love semi-Winter.

Froze

Highlighted

Message 80 of 114

Big country music fan here, so yes, have heard and loved this song for years! Cat Happy

It's only 10:15 and we are at 45! Wahoo! Time to get the pool opened. Cat LOL N.