Make Your Weekends Even Longer. Add an Extra Day With Easy and Affordable Ideas From AARP Travel. Let's Go

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! JANUARY - FEBRUARY

Message 91 of 125

Big country music fan here, so yes, have heard and loved this song for years! Cat Happy

It's only 10:15 and we are at 45! Wahoo! Time to get the pool opened. Cat LOL N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 92 of 125

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are looking at a mild few days with temps in the mid 40's with some rain late Sunday. 

front-porch-feature

“If the world had a front porch like we did back then, we’d still have our problems but we’d all be friends. Treatin’ your neighbor like he’s your next of kin.” – Tracy Lawrence

If I’m ever ready for our next home, my must-have list will be short.

I want a home with a covered front porch, in a neighborhood full of other front porches.

That’s it. My list will stop there. Good schools, a walkable urban setting, age-friendly, nearby parks are nice, but neighborhoods without front porches no longer interest me. 

Do you know this Tracy Lawrence hit?

https://youtu.be/SrAJS8wBd1A

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 93 of 125

@Frozenoem  Apple devices or computers giving trouble? 

My story with Apple began after horrible Windows computers, 2 or 3 of them.  Then I bought a Mac mini and it was wonderful for 7 years.  Replaced it w/ Intel i7 and it has been a mess all of its 4+ years.  I will make it do as long as possible.  My windows laptop will be almost dead soon, will probably replace w/ Thinkpad.   I still cling to Apple for my main desktop though.

@DaveMcK @catwoman500  I was locked out from posting @ AARP by the endless sign in loop.   I am a creature of habit and there was no one to complain to about the weather!  I was distressed Woman Tongue.  

I could not go out of my driveway yesterday, still too much snow.  Must go out today, but it is supposed to be well above 50 for a high.  @Frozenoem,  I will pay for these coming days of almost Camelot in July and August or maybe as early as May. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar

Message 94 of 125

@catwoman500

Fly Eagles Fly! Take down the Vikqueens!

vikqueen.jpg

Message 95 of 125

Cold spell heading out? Same here. Temps for Sunday's Eagles/Vikings game shoud be a far cry from last Saturday. Maybe close to 50? We'll see. Cat Wink

FLY, EAGLES, FLY!

Go, Underdogs!

Highlighted

Message 96 of 125

Good morning everyone out there on the Front Porch! We are seeing another cold spell heading out of here. The words for this weekend is "forty is sporty". Some rain by late Sunday, 

Our Front Porch photo is below. 

FB_IMG_1516231368142.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 97 of 125

Hi warm 23* cloudy and been playing in woodpile, preparing for good snow storm coming next week😁. Snow good, ice bad - and we seem to have ice skating rink beneath the snow.

Problems with Apple, say it isn’t true😇 .

Sorry couldn’t resist have been up to here with requests to just fix it. Problem being - fix what? Then they depart without giving me the password, I’m getting tired of hacking Apples and PC’s.

Froze

Regardless of reason welcome back.

Message 98 of 125

Hi folks!  Just checking to see whether I can post again.  We are coming out of the deep freeze for the 3rd time this winter.  Looks like smooth going from here on out according to weather.com.  There may be some February surprises though!

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar

Message 99 of 125

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are looking forward to a warning period. 

Todays Front Porch photo is below. 

FB_IMG_1516129545041.jpg

Message 100 of 125

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are over 36 hours of show showers which left us with an accumulation of over 4 inches of snow on the ground. 

Todays Front Porch:

FB_IMG_1515857731496.jpg

I'm looking for a few new Seniors willing to post to topics and add newtopics.FB_IMG_1500165487038.jpg