Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! JANUARY - FEBRUARY

Message 81 of 131

Rah!  A crew of us braved the cold (27F in some spots, 37F in most, reaching 44F finally at 3 PM) to get in bike rides yesterday. DH and I stayed out until almost sunset and got in 52 miles. We weren't moving very fast because of the wind chill factor, but we got in our miles. Smiley Happy  Then home to enjoy a simple Burns Night supper of crock pot lamb stew. (Scottish holiday tradition, well, sans the crock pot)

Woke to 41F and a weather report that claims it's to snow in 30 minutes. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 131

@catwoman500  What is in a vat of veggies?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 131

@DaveMcK  She is cute!  I need to start taking pictues again.  Life has been going at dizzying speeds, mostly filled with chores.  No time to think even.

@Frozenoem  Good news on the foot!  I agree, staying knocked out when you have a cold is the only way to go.

We have returned to normal winter weather after 3 abnormal epsiodes of cold.  Still have February to get through though.  Highs are in the low 50s and lows around 30.  I am able to sit outside around 1PM comfortably, in my hooded coat and scarf of course.  I realize anew each time how good it is to be able to enjoy the outdoors.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 131

It’s still morning somewhere, 6* sunny and windy as all heck.

Yesterday was chainsaw play date, in Chel’s yard lost an elm to wind and Ice. Snow turned to rain to ice.

Cold or flu having a blast, honey, coffee and whiskey til I just don’t care.

But, at least my foot is almost healed. Time to start the stove, seems to be chill in air.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 131

@DaveMcK, What a cool house. I'd never be able to manage the many steps! Cat LOL

Beautiful dog. My friend has a Golden named Lola, too. Cat Happy

27 right now, feels like 21. We won't get out of the 30's today, but there is sun! N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 131

Good Morning All,

Woke to a slew of emails from cycling friends telling me to get my you-know-what out there today. LOL. As if I didn't plan to anyway. Those sillies.  It's to be 50F. The skies and trails are clear. Yahooo!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 131

Good morning again everyone on the Front Porch! Got up at 4:00AM to a barking dog. Our oldest daughter is here for awhile with her Golden Retriever Lola who is 19 months old. We will be having sunny skies and temps in the 40's. By the the way here is Lola.

FB_IMG_1514747681802.jpg

Time for more coffee. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 131

Good morning everyone one on the Front Porch! Got up at 4:00AM to a barking dog. Our oldest daughter is here for awhile with her Golden Retriever Lola who is 19 months old. We will be having sunny skies and temps in the 40's. 

I would like to show you all one of my favorite Front Porches in Wisconsin. Some of you may remember this majestic Lady from a post of mine a few years ago. Remember that this was just a Summer home. LOL 

Black Point is an estate on the south shore of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin, United States, built in 1888 as a summer home by Conrad Seipp, a beer tycoon from Chicago. It has also been known as Conrad and Catherine Seipp Summer House and as Die Loreley

The Queen Anne style mansion features a nautical-themed, four-story, "crow's nest" observation tower, which can be seen from many points on the lake; the property also features post-civil war-era furniture.

It was designed by Adolph Cudell. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.

The state of Wisconsin owns the property and leases it to the Black Point Historic Preserve, a nonprofit organization which manages the property for public tours, which began in June 2007. We visited here in the Fall of 2016. The estate and its grounds, including 620 feet of shoreline, are protected from future development by a conservation easement co-held by the Geneva Lake Conservancy, a local not-for-profit conservation organization, and the Wisconsin State Historical Society. 

FB_IMG_1516875180176.jpgFB_IMG_1516819788125.jpgFB_IMG_1516819868258.jpgFB_IMG_1516819804730.jpg

Time for some coffee. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 131

@DaveMcK, Ahhh, there is nothing like a wrap-around porch; so inviting! Cat Happy

My grandmother's porch had 2 sides and we thought that was great, but a wrap-around has always been a favorite. N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 131

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! Cloudy with a high temp of 30* today. 

Todays Southern Front Porch has one cool porch.

Click to view:  http://www.captivatinghouses.com/2018/01/24/north-carolina-1854-greek-revival/

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.