Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! JANUARY - FEBRUARY

Message 61 of 131

17* and sunny, good day to play with ashes (stove) just waiting for wind to die down.

Face full of ash cloud not a good thing. Then maybe I can spread some ash vs make an ash out of myself.😂

Driveway is ice. Walkway is ice, and will get sanded.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 131

@n566192l wrote:

EPSTER,

How many miles a week do you pedal?

@n566192l  Hi Nancy,

That depends upon the weather and time of year. When days are long, we frequently get in one 70-80 mile ride and a couple 25 to 50 mile rides a week, so that's about a 145 mile a week average. Right now mornings are c-c-cold, bike trails have icy spots and days are short, so it takes effort to get in a ride like today's 63 miler. And we get out less frequently because of weather (and snowshoeing!) , so in the winter our weekly average is closer to 75 miles.

I know a competitive cyclist who competes at the Masters level who says I'm not yet a real cyclist because real cyclists ride 10,000 miles a year. Smiley Happy (I've been riding 2 years and have ridden 8,200 miles). He's just ribbing me, but there are cyclists who believe that pedaling anything less than 10,000 miles a year does not make a person a true cyclist. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 131

EPSTER,

How many miles a week do you pedal?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 131

@LaDolceVita, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I was in your situation also. It's hard to understand and deal with when it happens, so I feel for you. I'll keep you both in my prayers. Heart N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 131

@LaDolceVita

Been there, my mother had 2 massive strokes and several mini’s, still managed to keep most functions until well into her 90’s.

According to her doctor women can rework there neurons easier then men, for rapid recovery.

Up and moving within week, what once was debilitating now can be cured with a shot, and reworking of the pathways of the brain.

Wish your mother and you, the best👍.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 131

@LaDolceVita Sorry to hear about your mother's stroke. Mary's mother had some minor strokes that went undetected for a while and she passed some time after they were detected. Hope they can help your mother have a quick recovery. 

Dave

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 131

58F and sun forecast. Hopefully that's to be realized. It should be. Could be. Who knows. Smiley Happy At least it has been over 50 the last two days, so my reality will involve about 60 miles of bike trail today.

There's a bit of snow (maybe 8") on the horizon. Yay!  Meanwhile, though: cycling, cycling, cycling!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 131

@LaDolceVita  I'm sorry to learn about your mother's stroke. DH and I send kind thoughts and prayers for you and yours during this difficult time.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 131

@LaDolceVita wrote:

Hi folks,  Mom had a stroke on Friday and I am in the process of sorting everything out emotionally & mentally.  She will be going to rehab in a couple of days.  We will not know about some important functions for a while.  It was a small stroke in a very bad place. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.  My thoughts are with you and hope she does well in rehab.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 131

Hi folks,  Mom had a stroke on Friday and I am in the process of sorting everything out emotionally & mentally.  She will be going to rehab in a couple of days.  We will not know about some important functions for a while.  It was a small stroke in a very bad place. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.