Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! JANUARY - FEBRUARY

Message 11 of 131

Hello, Everyone,

We are now back to normal...41, feeling like 37 with rain. Yesterday was like a fleeting promise. We ended up at 77! Cat Surprised

It was a wonderful day, but it was snatched away way too fast. Mother Nature is such a tease.

@LaDolceVita, hang in there. The "smashed" food is indescribable, right? If your mom is a coffee drinker, see if they show up with thickened coffee! OMG! I had no idea what it was since my mom's nurse was this sweet Chinese man and I could not for the life of me figure out what he meant by "dickened." Cat LOL He kept repeating it and I felt like an idiot for not understanding. Needless to say my mom didn't touch the stuff.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 131

We're still living in a Norman Rockwell scene: flocked forests, flocked bluffs, bundled up people and joy everywhere. Temps will climb above freezing tomorrow, remain in the 30s for a few days and then we're back to 40s and 50s. 

A good thing about living where snow is a given is that people know how to handle it. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 13 of 131

@catwoman500  Supposed to be 80 today and it is muggy.  Does not like like winter will be back here.

@Frozenoem  I hope you get better soon.  You have had a time of it with your foot and now this.  Sorry.

Mom began eating again after not eating for 3 and a half  weeks.  Progress on that front is very slow BUT she is making progress.  Of course smashed food is not that appealing.  I am spending about 4 hours at the rehab facility every day plus an hour driving back and forth.  I am not used to heavy traffic and it was hard at first.  Muscles in my back were super tight.  But you can get used to an awful lot you did not hink you could adjust to when something strikes out of the blue.  All in all I am tired but OK.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar

Message 14 of 131

Good Afternoon, Everyone.

I may have to do some front porch sittin' today. It's 71 and sunny right now at almost 1 PM. It will all change tomorrow with the return of winter temps and rain through Sunday. I'll enjoy today with a few open windows and doors! Cat Wink N.

Message 15 of 131

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are at 19* to start the day with cloudy skies. The high will be in the upper 30's. Our featured Front Porch today is a symbol of Porchs everywhere. 

FB_IMG_1516666742505.jpgFB_IMG_1516634135755.jpg 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 16 of 131

@Frozenoemwrote:

37* rainy, promises to warm up before becoming pure cold again this week.

have been exploring the joy of flu, pneumonia and coughing lung up.

joy back to sickness I go.

FROZE

You know what Froze? @Frozenoem I'm actually not wishing you one bit of joy here. Smiley Sad

Still, maybe this will cheer you up: we got down to -3 this AM. Will be colder tonight. You're already in a heat wave far as I can see. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 131

37* rainy, promises to warm up before becoming pure cold again this week.

have been exploring the joy of flu, pneumonia and coughing lung up.

joy back to sickness I go.

FROZE

Message 18 of 131

Sunny and 41 here right now. Snow came in like it was on steroids last evening and dumped about 4 inches. Thankfully it is melting fast. Driveway and roads are already clear. Still waiting for it to melt off the car.

Mid week it should reach the 70's! Cat Surprised

Message 19 of 131

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch!  Very bright start to our Sunday morning with no snow in the forecast. Tomorrow we will have a rainy day with a melt off of the snow we have on the ground. 

Our featured Front Porch today will give us preview of Spring melt off.

FB_IMG_1516129598647.jpg

FB_IMG_1511386022437.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 20 of 131

@PattyDiane  Smiley Happy Glad you enjoyed the video. Hope you enjoy the warmth this week, too.

We had the same fruit trauma last spring: the warm up came early, our orchard responded and then we got a deep freeze the end of May that killed all fruit sets. Ugh. The only fruit I harvested last year --besides the wild berries-- were grapes and strawberries, which had not participated in the early budding gig. Hoping not to repeat that. Like ever. Smiley Happy

We've had an unusually dry winter, so we're all doing happy dances at the thought of a nice thick blanket of white tomorrow. Smiley Happy (Besides, my allegedly improved snowshoes just came back from the repair shop: I got's ta try 'em out!) Smiley Happy

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors