Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! JANUARY - FEBRUARY

Message 121 of 131

18” of light and fluffy that’s easy, the 5* And 30-40 mph gusts say I may be clearing for awhile.

Drift to the 4 foot window on garage door, it would help if I get to hospital by appointment time today.

Guess I’m starting a fire in stove, putting on my insulated coveralls and shoveling out a path for Chelli, I swear her legs are crossed and she doesn’t want to climb up to do her biz.

Enjoy your day

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 131

@LaDolceVita, Well it is another balmy day with a temp of 23, but with the wind and the snow, feels like 10. Going down to a feels like of (-)8 tonight. Snow may be slowing down here, but @Frozenoem, it is headed up your way I think. Blowing too hard for me to try to make it to the street to bring back the trash and recycle cans.

But...I've found my pink longjohns and rediscovered leg warmers! Cat Tongue N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 131

Total roll of the dice on how much longer for my foot, my original thought was 3 weeks but, that was back in October.

I discover once a week if I’m any closer to healed. Will discover tomorrow if I’m closer or not.

If your coats to heavy get a LLBean Parka, light as a feather and similar to wearing a fitted comforter - down filled.

Toasty to -40* and 3 levels of coats in one. Around +40* you can put it away and comes with lifetime warrany😇.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 131

I am worn out with the cold.   I put on 2 layers in the morning even before I go downstairs.  Have to wear shoes w/ laces as my usual slipons will not keep me warm.  There are vests laid out for the basement, for garage use and of course the extra heavy coat which is very heavy to carry around on my back.  Will be 34 today for a high and that probably sounds pretty warm in Maine.  But it is mighty cold for Georgia.  Nighttemps in the teens, hopefully high teens.  Thankfully we rarely have wind in these parts.

I will still take this over a 106 degree day in the summer.  No contest. @Frozenoem  How much longer before you can wear normal footwear?   BTW, My Tessie dances in this weather, she runs small circles and trows pine cones.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 131

Well it’s warmed up to 9* at present, snow coming at around an inch an hour far as I can tell.

Time to get some half and half, have been hunkered down for a bit. Sticking by the stove.

Hope all stay warm, have their batteries charged for cells and flashlights, with camp stoves handy in case of outages.

I’m bringing more wood in, it’s supposed to get colder than it’s been later in week, at least for Eastern seaboard States.

Only 8-18” forecast for my area of Maine, and only 30-40 mph winds later today, that’s a downgrade it n winds.

Personally I share the same general opinions of Hillbilly Weatherman at this stage, if I make those comments here, I’ll be bounced🤣😂.

Enjoy

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 131

All I can say is BRRRRRRR!

Not a fan of this bitter cold. More snow on it's way overnight. Cat Sad

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 131

Looking forward to Sunday with a possibility of a high of 32* and a low of 26* over night! Hoping everyone has recovered from to much food and for some of us none stop college football. The Wisconsin Badgers won the Orange Bowl to go 13 - 1 for the season.

Best wishes to everyone for a healthy and happy New Year. 

FB_IMG_1514674643481.jpgFB_IMG_1514777977914.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 131

@DaveMcK

But, temps are rumored to approach 0* today that’ll be a heatwave from my present -12*.

Might actually get to clean poopcycles, in ms Chellie’s yard.

Anything above 0* is toasty, my nephew in West Palm called to thank me for the weather he’s cold, told him it might be climate change related.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 131

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! It is so cold I do not want to talk about it!

FB_IMG_1514817802802.jpgFB_IMG_1514817761100.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 131

Good gosh it’s a new year, and still a balmy -9*, saw the limbs blowing by Chell and I When we went outside, second attempt for Chell in mere minutes.

i think I need coffee.

@LaDolceVita

No coffee for Chelli she’s wired to screech mode as it is. Besides they have coffee a few times and it becomes poisonous to their systems.

Enjoy, I’m outta here.

Froze

Kudos
Views