Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! SEPTEMBER -OCTOBER

Message 131 of 193

@Frozenoem  She is too good looking.  I am jealous.  

@JoyaDe  Hope you feel better soon.

@DaveMcK  I would not even know about the fires if there was no discussion of them here.  The hurricanes get all the news coverage of course.

Camelot weather continues here, mid 60s at nite, 80 during the day. Oh, if it could stay like this about 9 months of the year

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 193

Here is the latest update from Brookings, OR by my niece Amy on Thursday morning. "Things are starting to look good here. They just downgraded evacuations again, there are no longer any level 3 evacuations in our county! Some of our friends that have been evacuated from their homes since Aug 19 are just now able to go home. There still is a bit of fire activity, but we have rain forecasted for several days starting Sunday. The smoke has been so much better here to where we can actually go outside again! Things are looking up! I may actually completely unpack our evacuation bags now!"🙂

It is sunny here in Madison so I can do some more Fall cleanup in the yard. Temps will be in the low 80's today and tomorrow with a chance of rain Sunday. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 193

@JoyaDe UGH! Hoping you get over this likkety split. Take care of yourself.

Dogs just wanna have fuuu-un, ohhh, dogs just wanna have ... (This is what I sang to myself while training our last batch of Italian Greyhounds to be good citizens. As pups they tore through the house at lightning speed, stopping only to select some new treasure to drag around behind them for a few laps  Smiley Happy) Full. Time. Job. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 193

@DaveMcK  I've not been watching the weather radar, but this morning saw a big fat snow storm in Idaho/Montana and hope it came via the coast rather than straight down from Canada. Is the air clearing up at your sister's place?

Hope your stomach feels better now.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 193

@Frozenoem She's a beaut! So alert and playful and intelligent! She looks like a truly wonderful dog. I'm quite happy for you both. Smiley Happy

Love the doorbell. Good job.

I miss having Italian Greyhounds running around the house in the manner you describe. They are such fun. Dogs, I mean. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 193

autumn_harvest_straw_colors_corn_trees_fall_hd-wallpaper-gjxG.jpgAhhhhhhhh! I'll take it!

Low in the 40s
tonight. Fall weather abounds.
Bring on harvest colors!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 193

@Epster

Round about age 2, their brains match there body's actions😄.

She learning how to use a doorbell (cow/sleighbell on wire) when she needs to go out.

@JoyaDe

I guess that means insanity runs in cycles. A few friends watched their dogs, flip last couple of days.

Tonight she's running laps on first floor, through my study, bathroom, dining room - hello I'm here. I'll be back, name may change to Zoom, zoom, zoom.

IMG_1314.JPGAfter running laps

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 193

@Frozenoem @Epster

Well now it's official. I am sick. I went to the Sr. Ctr. today to fill in for a few hours for one of the other gals. I was so happy to leave after 3 hours. I was coughing. Don't like to be there while having a cough. I did stay as far away from the members while there, so I hope I didn't leave any of the nasty germs around.

I have two pups. The other night I looked all over for the bite thing I wear at night. Nope, can't find it. So I heat up another one and put it into my mouth to form. Later that day, the pups are fighting over something. I managed to get it away from the young pup by offering a treat. You guessed it, my bite plate. Next few days, I think I'll just stay in bed.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 139 of 193

It has been a few days since I have been on here. Not much going on here other than following the hurricanes and fires around the country. The wildfires near my sister in Oregon have not been real active giving the firefighters time to cut barriers at the fires edge. There is a chance for rain in the Northwest this weekend. 

Golf leagues ended on Monday which I had to miss because of an upset stomach. It would have been a nice day to be out on the llinks.

The weather here has been in the low 80's and no rain. This weather will last till Sunday when rain is expected. 

FB_IMG_1503147880489.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 193

@Frozenoem  Your DS will be through this friendly chat necessary stage soon, yes?

Coyote calls can be bone chilling. Last night I'm counting sheep when a series of loud "Awoooooooooooh!s" shook me awake. Sounded like the feral hunter was at the foot of the bed. It was probably just outside the hen house. I'm fixing to give them a pep talk. Cluckitty cluck cluck. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views