Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! SEPTEMBER -OCTOBER

Message 141 of 193

Geez, 61* sunny woke up to my belt chewed, Had a very friendly chat with the pup.🙄

@JoyaDe

Thats about as weird as my day has gone.

AARP invariably has issues, they must be fixing/breaking things again.

Keep getting errors in postings, ignore them and they magically post, correct them and they double post.

@Epster

Ayuh, the pup has already experienced the joy of coyote howls, she didn't enjoy them and froze in place, at least she didn't puddle in place.

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 142 of 193

Rural living with
old infrastructure: water
pressure surge brings leaks.

Busted greenhouse hose;
water heater pressure valve
activated. Oy.

Water company
installed regulator.
We mopped up mess.

waterheater leaks.jpgHappily, most the leak went dow the floor drain.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 143 of 193

Rabbit brush in bloom,
coyotes claiming victory,
owl bidding adieu.

Clean air, save pollen,
raucous nocturnal canines,
night becomes daytime.

Our resident coyotes are a little bit quieter than are these noisy howlers:

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 144 of 193

@JoyaDe Hurrah for wild turkeys! Smiley Happy They are always fun to watch.  I'm sitting here watching a mule deer doe and her fawn pick their way through the rocks that occupy our back yard. Momma is in a serious chow down mood, while the youngun wants to play. Smiley Happy

No good on the cold. Feel better.

Weirdness on the login issue. I haven't seen any lately, though this site has certainly had its share of login problems. Fingers crossed.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 145 of 193

It's taken me a couple days now, but I did finally get into the website. I'm not sure why, but I tried to sign in, and got a real run around. Finally, a new password, then I talked to someone, they talked to someone, and let's hope it continues to work okay. Anyone else having a problem over the past couple days?  Is Mercury retrograde or something?  

I think I'm getting a cold. It's starting out with a dry throat and tickly cough.  Oh fun.

Meanwhile I enjoyed a nice lunch out with my friend Carol. ..

Oh and on Monday I came home from a meeting and got to watch about 6 or more wild turkeys crossing the road that goes to my house. They had been in the corn field on one side of the road and wanted to got into the pines on the other side.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 146 of 193

@PattyDiane wrote:

I'm happy to report that I'm fine.  I seem to be in one of the few neighborhoods in Macon that didn't lose power.  That's one of the things that really worries me.  I guess all the prayers worked.  I'll admit it was pretty frightening for a while.  I'm glad it happened during the day light but it was scary to look out the window and see all the big trees blowing, especially after having one fall in my back yard last year. 

@PattyDiane Huzzbah to getting through that!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 147 of 193

I'm happy to report that I'm fine.  I seem to be in one of the few neighborhoods in Macon that didn't lose power.  That's one of the things that really worries me.  I guess all the prayers worked.  I'll admit it was pretty frightening for a while.  I'm glad it happened during the day light but it was scary to look out the window and see all the big trees blowing, especially after having one fall in my back yard last year.  My neighbor across the street has a bird feeder hanging from a tree limb and I could see it blowing so hard I thought it would wrap the limb.  Luckily both the limb and the chain were strong.

Macon is in for a big clean up, but it was all wind damage, no flooding or anything.  We set the record for the area for wind speed of 61 mph.  I'll be glad to hear nothing of hurricanes for a long time.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 148 of 193

@PattyDiane  I was wondering how things were in your neck of the woods.  Lots of rain here, still raining.  There was wind about 10PM last night but it did not last very long.  I imagine there are lots of small branches all over the ground but it is too dark to see yet.  I did not hear anything large hit so I guess we are OK.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 149 of 193

Warm skies ahead, sun
to alternate with clouds for
mild, lovely day.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 150 of 193

Comfy 56, and after spending the last few keeping track on (3) nephews in FL and their weather patterns, I think I'm done.

Jaws is being pleasant, except for forays into the linen closet, or when she's thinking about it.

Froze

Kudos
Views