Having a Flexible Work Schedule Can Make You Feel (re)markable. Find a Part-Time Job on AARP’s Job Board.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 21 of 256

Ma Nature spoils us
now: four days in the 40s
then back to Artic

freezing fog.jpgMa Nature serving up and Arctic Sandwich 10F-40F-10F

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content

Message 22 of 256

@Frozenoem  Hearing that! Stay warm and dry. Smiley Happy

I usually keep a few day's wood either in the greenhouse where it will neither freeze or get wet. Sometimes, if the forecast is for lots of snow, I'll bring another couple day's worth up the the screened in porch (off the kitchen), but that requires hauling it up 2 sets of stairs and also up a slippery-when-wet hill so I only do that if the weathermen all agree we're in for it.

I'm planning to move the wood pile this summer, so am hoping to burn every last stick we have this winter. We shall see ...

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 256

@Epster

The sun has warmed outside to 16*, the mud room, insulated to R-24 with glass storm windows is pegged at 18*.

The garage also insulated R-30 but, unheated, is pegged at 20*. Wish it were a little warmer out there, that’s where the firewood is presently.

Least the wood is thawing it had some snow and ice attached.And luckily it’s not that cold in house as stove will be cranking soon enough.😎

Froze

Message 24 of 256

@Frozenoem  You win the snow sweepstakes hands down. We got ~4 inches over a couple days. Yesterday that packed down to an inch. Another inch fell last night. Apparently we're not done with the receiving of Christmas snows, so maybe we'll actually get something worth plowing today, but there's no keeping up with the likes of you. Smiley Happy

winner.jpg

The snow did make for an efficient greenhouse blanket: it's 7F outside (after a high yesterday of 24) and 49F in the greenhouse now. Cloudy with a slight wind, too. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 256

11* May warm up to 15*, as much as I hate windchills, let’s just say it’ll feel colder.

Snowfall total was 30” had to dig out an area for Chelli.

Late Christmas present this morning someone plowed me out.

Need my arctic gear though need to find oil fill, and check on wood pile, can’t see it. 

@LaDolceVita

If foot is booted much longer, I very well may start griping, about Winter weather. 

Froze

Message 26 of 256

Another froze day
But I get to cement deal,
So my heart is warm.

happy-heart.jpg

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 256

@Frozenoem  Why thank you for the Maine carol!  Would love Maine in the summer, but I would be crying about the snow much more than you do!  I grew up in Chicago and didnt mind it then but what a difference a few decades make Woman WinkWoman Frustrated

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 256

Merry Christmas to all the porch rockers, although most of us are rocking out inside now. Cat Wink

32 here; feels like 22 and we have a wind advisory until 6 PM. Glad the Eagles game is tonight. Football might have ended up in NYC with these winds.

Had to chase down my paper. It was it the driveway the last time I looked. Went out to retrieve it and it was in the middle of the front lawn.

Have a merry one!

Message 29 of 256

Merry Christmas to everyone on the Front Porch. 

MerryChristmasSoldiers.jpgFB_IMG_1514173639865.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 256

11* and snowing with Expected 8-18” total accumulation, translation we don’t know.

@LaDolceVita

Much as I’d love to show a picture of Chelli romping in the snow, we both just came from the garage and entrance to her yard, she applied the brakes and said uh uh.

Perhaps later when she starts dancing. Today will be a non feet up event, need to remove some snow, more snow and a dash of ice.

Starting with 3 feet in someone’s kennel. Hope everyone else enjoys the Holiday, I need my playpants and parka, and hat, and a quart of DD French Vanilla.

Froze