Are Communities Becoming More Livable? How Does Your Community Stack Up in AARP's New 2018 Livability Index. Find Out Now!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 31 of 256

merry christmas.gif

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 256

@DaveMcK. @Frozenoem  At first I thought those were Frozen's feet showing how well he had healed in the last few days!   I mean, the coffee is there, the fire and the only thing missing is Chelli.

We have been tromping in mud for days after lots of rain & warm temps.  Back in the freezer again at 28 and getting lower before sunrise.  Will see the sun today, I have almost forgotten what a sunny day looks like.  Merry Christmas folks, thanks for  often brightening my day  during the year.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar

Message 33 of 256

FB_IMG_1513879924672.jpgFB_IMG_1481480821765.jpg

May everyone have a restful Christmas eve!

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 34 of 256

Finally built a fire this morning after breakfast. The 0 degree temps outside made it so cold inside that the 425 degree oven used to bake drop biscuits didn't even warm the place. And I put a stack of cast iron pans in there afterward to collect and hold onto oven heat. Still ... brr. So. Fire. Smiley Happy

Here's a crackling fire for anyone wanting one this morning:

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted

Message 35 of 256

Veering to Maine temps
1F: 3:30 AM
And: finally snow!

dinosaurs in the snow.jpgI see dinosaurs in the snow. What do you see?

Message 36 of 256

@DaveMcK  That sounds perfectly lovely. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

Message 37 of 256

We have our family here now for a few days.  Will have our Christmas dinner here Christmas eve. We will be watching the  Packers vs Vikings game tonight with one Viking fan in our group. OK, we do like her very much and do not hold it against her that she was born in Viking country. 

We also have a Badgers Basketball game in a few minutes. 

FB_IMG_1512533476715.jpgFB_IMG_1489872989177 (1).jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 256

@Epster

When I lived in Mass, we also had a song by Arlo Guthrie, he still lives down there, in Washington, MA and FL.

Message 39 of 256

Awwww, @Frozenoem! You guys have your own Christmas song? That's fun! Fingers crossed on the snow removal. Merry Christmas!

Back to say this: no fire yet in our woodstove. I guess we're trying for some sort of toughie award. (Bet we give up on that tonight, though: more snow on the way. Smiley Happy)

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 256

@Epster

@LaDolceVita

It’s a Maine thing or any small town state thing.

https://www.facebook.com/wcsh6/videos/10155368424614613/

Temp maybe 20* feels warm, Got maybe 10”, might get glaze of ice don’t really know.

More coming for Christmas, working up nerve to use snowblower, after new weather report.

If icing Planned want snow pack for cushion and ease of walking.

Seem to have misplaced one ice creeper, need around a gallon of coffee, and my play britches - insulated and waterproof coveralls.

Meditation time may end soon neighbor is blowing out his driveway his is on tractor. Just in case he blows out his barns, I’ll wait it lightens my totals to remove. 

Froze

Time to start fire just in case.