WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 61 of 256

@DaveMcK  The enjoyment you wished upon parts south of you was short lived.  It was prettty at first, then eerie,  with bushes in strange twisted shapes. The snow was heavy & wet and caused widespread power outages.  The first power autage was sort of an adventure, the second, which came one day later made me grumpy and it was very cold in the house.  There are so many trees here that we face double peril from hurricanes too.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 256

4* May warm up to 15* woohoo! Flurries on way less than an inch.

@LaDolceVita

Foot still healing 3 Months and counting, once per week new boot and skin abrAded from ankle, having a blast.

Tempted to stop apologizing to doctors when I kick with other foot.Without a local, have crumpled one doctor his scalpel slipped and sliced good skin, I was not the only walking injured that day😇.

Re: Firefox and beach ball, try this link is buried towards bottom. Also try running malware program, Macs have a little more trouble with them today.

Windows is safer at the moment, at least Windows 10🤣.

https://www.softwarehow.com/high-sierra-slow/

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 256

Makin’ plans to use
every morsel of sunshine.
Make hay whilst, and all.

Make Hay Whilst.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 256

@catwoman500  I am very glad I am not at risk for flu as I refused all attempts to give me a flu shot.  I had flu symptoms for 2 days last time I accepted the shot.    I have a very hard time keeping up with my chores and obligations and if I get sick I tend to just go to bed & pull the covers over my head.  I simply dont know what would happen with mother and the dogs!!I am going to the dentist and having a crown put on this AM.  The only thing I can say is its better than a root canal. 

@FrozenoemIs  the foot any better?  Good news on the High Sierra front, Firefox is working on AARP site again and I am able to post w/o having to use Safari, which is convoluted because of the way I have my AM reading arranged.  Other than this it it playing nasty tricks and showing me the stupid spinning beach ball more than usual.  Any tips for me?  Onyx is refusing to work at all.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 256

Just another Winter Sunday with temps in the low 30's. Still no snow but they are saying we will have some by Friday morning. 

FB_IMG_1512572278115.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 256

It’s a lovely 1* Might warm up to 10*, no snow.

@Epster

Don't need generator my BFF has a commercial grade 48KW old Hobart diesel welder/generator on trailer. I have 500 foot extension cord from construction days🤣.

UPS’es attached to car batteries.

@LaDolceVita

Actually that is a good idea for you.

Most single family Oil Furnaces are 120Volt nice 8800 Watt, can supply two houses with ease or one, and handle the surge of starting compressors like fridges or furnaces.

Longest I’ve ever lost power was 12 hours, courtesy of my being on same trunk as telco and satellite station for eastern seaboard. Thanks to LBJ and Telstar. That was due to hurricane.

A nice 8800 Watt OHV, can supply 3 houses in a pinch, via a transfer switch. Or extension cords if necessary.

At temp’s like this I just prefer burning firewood, always have 5 cords of just in case.

My Lopi Liberty will heat 2500 ft. Sq. House.

Close attic via trap door it’s toasty. Keeps the common cold from being a nightmare.

Who knew despite flu and pneumonia shots, still can get a cold running about in slippers.😄

The joy of unable to leave dog out when temps get this cold, she needs to be on recall beyond 10 minutes.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 256

Arctic air en route …
almost feel responsible
to use warmth wisely.

bye bye fall.jpgWaving farewell to fall weather ...

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 256

@LaDolceVita @Frozenoem  Could you get a gasoline powered generator? We have two for those times the electricity goes out. Useful, for DH works at home. Before we got the second generator to dedicate to the fish farm, I did once have to heat water for the grow-out tank on the woodstove. That was a long night, but we had 90 almost-ready-to-harvest fish in there, so.... Smiley Happy Anyway, those things have gotten us through 4-hour and all-day power outages. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 256

@LaDolceVita

Your fireball comment had me thinking stove was white gas, always had issues with that variety of Coleman.

Never had issue with propane cylinders, and Coleman’s.

Never apologize for making coffee on anything, there’s a reason I have 4 no electric pots.Backup of backup of backup.

I become a truly grumpy Gus, without coffee. 

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 256

Welcome to the Front Porch everyone! Another cool morning here in Madison with a high in the low 30's. Still no measurable amount of snow which is fine with me. They are forecasting several inches for the end of the week.

FB_IMG_1513273639297.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views