WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 71 of 256

@Frozenoem  The posturepedic sample bed sounds pretty good!   BTW I am ordering some silicone gloves for Coleman stove protection in case we have another power outage this winter.  We would not have had coffee w/o that Coleman stove.  It is bad enough to get up in a cold dark house & run around with flash lights until daylight.  Having coffee made it doable.

All is well here, we had about 22 degrees overnight.  Still trying to get caught up with chores and housework after power failure.  I am slow!!

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 256

@Frozenoem  Enjoy the fire!

We have not had a fire in the woodstove yet this season. Might have to light one tomorrow. If not, then on the 21st for sure (expected high: 20F). Typically we light the first fire of the season around the 15th.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 256

A delightful 7* and partly cloudy, I’ve finally been granted a whole 30 minutes per 4 hours on my foot.

Wahoo, soon as it hits 15* , I’ll dig out the firewood pile.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 256

Oddly daylight will
steadily strip us of warmth
47 now.

snow clouds.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 256

FB_IMG_1513295722344.jpgFB_IMG_1513348668543.jpg

Good morning everyone! Hoping you will have an enjoyable weekend. The countdown to the end of 2017 is here so enjoy the last days. May 2018 bring a peaceful and enjoyable year.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 256

Awoke to a frantic plea of now, outside to 0* we must have a heat wave coming present 2*.

Airpot empty, fresh coffee brewing. Don’t think I need to worry about not clearing firewood pile yet, hasn’t formed ice in powder yet.

@Epster

Snuggles I don’t think so, she   Is only now discovering who rules the king size bed. 

First day of snow storm, found bony paws pushing me to the corner, gave her more blanket and had a chat.

She May however be ready for the posturepedic sample bed with fleece cover, for Woodstove happiness.

Need coffee.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 256

Goal: divestiture.
Beehives: gone; fish farm up next!
Retirement prep moves.

be happy.gif

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 256

Welcome to the Front Porch friends!  We got about a 1/4" of snow here yesterday. However, in Northeastern Wisconsin it was a different story.  Below is a photo of my high school classmate Melvin's home in Sturgeon Bay were he got about 8" of snow. Also an Internet photo of a lighthouse after a snow.  Door County, Wisconsin were Melvin lives  has around 13 lighthouses.

FB_IMG_1513267322395.jpgFB_IMG_1513174466912.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 256

Crystalline and blush,
the snow on yonder hillside.
Alpine glow magic.

Scant trace of white here;
sun climbing ov’r rocky ledge.
Less warm day ahead.

alpine glow.png

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 256

@Frozenoem  You can always pick a fight over on the political board in order to relieve boredom, but I recommend a fire, a snuggly pooch and a good read instead. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views