From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 101 of 256

Hey, All!

Was just reading a newsletter from one of our senators and got a chuckle from this:

Flu symptoms come on quickly and may include a fever, headache, fatigue, dry cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, and body aches. Populations at particular risk include the very young, older Pennsylvanians, pregnant women, and those with chronic health conditions.

So, only older Pennsylvanians are at risk? No older people in the other 49 states are at risk? HA HA HA! Cat LOL

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 256

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We had about a 1/2" of snow last night. Thanks to the Jet Steam the major part of the storm went far South of here. Enjoy San Antonio, Mobile and Atlanta. 

Hecita Head, Oregon got some rare snow!!!

FB_IMG_1512833507835.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 256

Good Morning!

Well, the snow started about an hour ago. here in the Philly burbs. I’m exercised, dressed, and put some stuff in the washer, but I’m not human yet. Having my coffee now, so that is one step toward humanity. Cat Wink

The snow seems to be fine and light, not the heavy stuff they were talking about yesterday. But since it is going to freeze overnight, I may have to put off my Sunday morning grocery shopping. If my legs worked better I'd try it, but since there could be black ice tomorrow morning, I'd rather not end up in a heap right outside my door. Cat LOL

Stay warm and safe!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 256

@Frozenoem  Snow outside but no inside surprises; sounds like the perfect Maine life! Enjoy!  (Should I be wishing for high winds that will blow the snow off your drive?)

Glad your sense of humor has gotten you through all this, Froze. Hat's off.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 256

Dang it 25* and clouding up,@Epster could have been correct about snow in Maine.

Looks like snow through Sunday night with more on Tuesday, through Thursday.

luckily meteorologists still are wrong.

Well , I can put my Sorels on over my boot so, I may survive but, dang it foot won’t be happy.

In answer to Ep’s question no snow blowing yet! That may be about to change.

Weather says 6-12”, before 5 lines pass through. Have plenty of wood on hand, they said power outages possible with high winds.

Chelli hasn’t delivered surprise in 5 days, actually walked kinda barefooted through house (as barefooted as 16’ of wrappings counts).🤣

Coffee time, check air in tires, air compressor in garage, and try to start ‘Er up. After one more cup.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 256

47 now;
58 this afternoon.
Sun and trail miles: yes!

dec riding.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 256

Hoping everyone has a great afternoon and weekends! We are having some light snow later this evening with high temperature of 30*.

FB_IMG_1506738205065.jpgFB_IMG_1500642747666.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 256

@Frozenoem  Thanks Froze, but I have not downloaded High Sierra yet.  Unless I am bugged continually by the app store I do not often check for updates.   Take care of the foot, sounds like it really interferes with your lifestyle! Woman Frustrated  

It is snowing here!! It took me by surprise as I do not often listen to local news.  I do check a weather.com daily.   You may be aware that we do not remove snow here, just wait for it to melt.  Well, actually they have started to clear roads  in town as a few years back the freeways became a parking lot for the weekend.  But out here in the exurbs we just wait it out. We were iced in for over a week in 2011. My driveway is long and steep and open to the north.  I get to stay put extra long time.  Dogs love snow!  My yak traxs are a bit chewed up but willl do if all his mess freezes.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 256

@Frozenoem  Hurrah for progress!

From what I hear you guys are going to get plenty of snow ths winter. Us, eh ... midland. Hope it gets started soon, though. We're still only getting traces of precipt every now and a gain. Very dry.  (Which reminds me I need to water young fruit trees today.)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 256

25* see me later next week promises snow, It’s alway False starts (flurries) until ground is covered and it lasts until March or April.

@Epster

Nothing measurable has lasted to remove, probably a good thing still learning how to walk comfortably.

At least I can put my wrapped/booted foot in boots again.

Suggests rain or snow I’ll be covered won’t be in slippers at 0* anymore voluntarily.

Froze

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera