Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER 2019

Message 61 of 120

Hi, Porch Peeps,

It has only taken me about 10 min to finally be able to get on this page. Grrrr!

Anyway, it's a lovely day here in the Philly burbs. 71, sunny with a nice cool breeze. Wish I could bottle some up for you @LaDolceVita !

Had my coffee on the porch and am just enjoying the day. Now I need toget to work, so will load up with more coffee and plow into the jobs.

Have a great day (or days as I may not be able to easily get back here again.)Cat Mad N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 120

@LaDolceVita 

No phlebotomists lately, just bleedings.

Chell was on vacation with ex, now in PA with a PD couple, in the woods.

Lost ability to remain upright for awhile, and had to make a decision her happiness or mine.

She’s now taking long hikes and getting more training then I can give her.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 120

Good morning, Front Porchers!

It's a cool, hazy Tuesday morning and I'm just glad to have opened my eyes  to see it.  As summer is giving way to fall, I, too, am slowing down.  I'm slow to rise--moving like a snail through the day.  And I drag my way to my bed at night--plopping down in it like a two ton weight.  But I'm thankful for each day whatever each day brings.

I truly hope and pray that everyone reading this is living their best life as the saying goes.  And if not living it now, I wish all swift currents to it.  So to one and all.....

P.S. -- @DaveMcK , am I to assume you're  a Packers fan or do you just have a likin' to gold, green, and white?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 120

For sure!

FB_IMG_1517887071794.jpgFB_IMG_1539726123321.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 120

Still alive in the sweltering heat, will be 96 today.   Mom is in respite care, boy was she mad at me when they took her away!   My head aches and my BP is up.  I have been off BP meds for 8+ years and I do not want to go back on them.  I begged hospice for respite and got it!   Heading to NE Ga tomorrow (Deliverance country no more, it is full of Home Depots) for a day of fun with senior group.  It will be fun and hopefully theraputic.   Always fun to watch a bunch of oldsters with their noses in their cell phones for hours.  My buddy and I do not do that we talk!

@DaveMcK  Great pictures as always and congrats to Emma & Andrew.  @Frozenoem  Are they still bleeding you dry?  How is Chelli?  My Tessie had a bit of chicken jerky get stuck in her throat, she did spit it out, but not before I misplaced a pair of glasses I have managed to hang on to for 1 & 1/2 years. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 120

Congratulations to Emma and Andrew! bride.gifgroom.gif

Is that the Lions/Vikings game in the background?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 120

I think the calls are supposed to get worse, courtesy of orange guy removing protections from Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.Will give link if I find it later.🤣

And Kraninger of CFPB, I  very well believe things are improving for debt collectors and spammers via telephone.

This am 4:45 it was a call from TX, saying that I had requested their assistance in buying my house - they had my address.

Came as surprise to me, paid it off 25 + years ago. Sell maybe, buy again I don’t think so.

Best guess really spam, calls are getting earlier in am,I  might get a little nastier much before 4:30am.

Re-Installed my phone recorder if this is a sign of stuff to come.

Back to garage playtime, got my snowblower back and really feels like I may overuse it this winter- the signs are appearing.

Like outside spiders sealing off screen door, had to push hard to open porch  door and Side door, in space of 8 hours it was super thick webs.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 120

Frozen,

I got 4 calls from Microsoft on my house phone yesterday. The funny thing is that I don't even have a computer . My daughter took both of them with your when she went to Rutgers University. Then, my house phone calls it's self. Just glad numbers appear on my phone and tv..

I just hope they pass the laws about these spam calls.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 120

Greetings,

I am not sure if this is offered in other States. Saturday is free musuam day in New Jersey. It's the one day of the year where there's no admission fee. A great chance to take in something new and enjoy the day.

Went to the semper Fi race in seaside heights on Saturday. Thank goodness there was no drama, unlike 3 years ago.

Weather is great. So I am out at the unit at Fort Monmouth. Boxes will be mailed this week.

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 120

Good afternoon to everyone on our Front Porch on this 16th day of September 2019! September 15th 2019 will always be a very special day for the McKeith family as our youngest daughter Emma and her new husband Andrew were  married!

70312799_10157381793823536_4853949434079215616_n (1).jpg70282601_10109791597447107_6795890743454990336_o.jpg70927681_10109791596993017_5117988217957646336_o.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera