From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER 2019

Message 91 of 131

Good evening, Front Porch Peepers!

I know it's late, but this is the first time in a long time that I have actually been able to login into the AARP site and message board.  But I'm still out here...kickin' and screamin' and spittin' and slobberin'. 

Me?  I've been working on my "fall" cleaning; working in the garage and trying to sort out and organize stuff in the basement.  In fact, I've been driving around town with a huge garbage bag full of clothes for the Salvation Army donation box.  Just haven't been by one lately.  By the time I do get to the box, I just might have another bag to add to the one I already have packed.    Anyway, my intentions were good and I know this week will be the week....

Today has been a day of mixed weather.  This morning it was so hot, I could hardly breath when I first opened the door to do yardwork.  It was so hot in fact, I decided not to mow and spent a few hours cleaaning out some boxes of storage in the garage.  I got a lot done and without too much sweat.

After the great heat of the morning came thunder and a heavy downpour in the late afternoon.  I slept through much of it.  As a matter of fact, as I remember, the thunder was the last sound I heard as I drifted off to sleep for my afternoon nap.

Anyway, I hope everyone on Our Front Porch is well and doing well.  Until next time.

Caio.

Lydia

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 131

@Frozenoem, think I stuck a couple of cheat sheets in the cloud myself.  Know I got a folder of stuff on OneNote.  I'll end up diving in and just start pushing buttons to see what they do, and when I get frustrated, then, it's to the cheat sheets (or Bing). Take me a few days probably to get everything like I want it.  But thanks for the offer and stand by.  Woman LOL

I'm bad, but don't even have it out of the box yet.  Had a couple of things I was working on and wanted to wrap up (without having to download compatible drivers, transfer and find applicable files, download necessary programs, re-sign in, etc.). 

Tomorrow is a DMV day.  My driver's license expires next month and although I usually take care of renewals, tags, registration online, I'm going for the RealID now that VA finally has it in place.  I was able to pre-register online, but now I have to take all applicable documents confirming who I am, where I am. what I am (that was a PITA finding all that stuff!) to the office in person.  Under no illusion I'll be able to get in and out in no time.  Hurry up and wait.  Got the Kindle charged up.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 131

77* waiting for rain 15 minutes out.

@catwoman500 

With your script message, just tell it to stop, it won’t hurt anything.

@MsStretch 

If you require a cheat sheet for the care and feeding of your Windows 10, just ask. Have many floating about on my hard drive(s).

Have similar for all flavors of Windows, Mac’s, etc.

The joy of IT, I’m not the only one confusing flavors of computers.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 131

Hi, Folks,

80 right now and humid. Temps will be rising this afternoon. Hoping I don’t have to put on the AC, but probably will. Also on the rise …the “harvest moon” will be rising the night of Friday the 13th! Beware!  Cat LOL

harvest moon.jpgOooooooh!

Had breakfast out with a friend this AM. Will be doing all sorts of exciting things like laundry, etc. the rest of the day.

Have a good rest of the day. N.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 131

@MsStretch 

About time, the good news it’s easy you’ll wrap your brain around it in no time.

Closer to Win 7 than 8 or 8.1, at least in terms of doing what’s expected of it.

@catwoman500 

My scripts are turned off in my browsers, Chrome works even with AARP as does Edge and Firefox , Brave and Safari.

Only use scripts to watch internet TV, for Xinqular/ Comcast.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 131

@catwoman500  , the AARP site has caused me all sorts of grief.  I finally started using the Firefox browser just for AARP, since AARP would not play nice with my default, Opera.  (Also would not work well with Opera Touch on iPhone.)  But I still constantly get  'A script on the page is slowing you down. Stop script or wait?' pop-up.  Very frustrating. 

Of course, still using older computer with 7, so things were starting to bog down anyway.  Now that new computer has arrived, we shall see what happens. 

Perhaps switching to different browser?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 131

@Frozenoem , Thanks for the info, but it is only this AARP website/page that the script thing occurs. The link advises not to do anything if it doesn't happen on any other page. So? Guess I'll just let it be for now.

Congrats @MsStretch! I set up my first computer, but had an expert set this one up. No way could I do it. Good for you! N.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 131

My new desktop computer arrived today, so my work is cut out for me -- setting up, transferring files (have everything on externals, but want to double-check), familiarizing myself with new OS.

I know @Frozenoem will be happy to know I am finally kicking 7 to the curb.  Woman LOL

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 131

@catwoman500 

Script errors are usually a plea to update your version of JavaScript , depending upon your flavor of Windows 7,8,10,?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/308260/how-to-troubleshoot-script-errors-in-internet-explor...

Aarp in all it’s infinite wisdom still uses it for game and on most of site.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 131

Hi, All,

Weird things are going on for me with this page. I can get to @Frozenoem 's latest post, but can't go back a page to give kudos to anything else. That darn "long running script" thing keeps popping up.

Anyway, it's cloudy here and getting warmer. Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be in the 90's again. I hear you @LaDolceVita! UGH!

Hope everyone is having a good week. N.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera