Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER 2019

Message 111 of 142

Hi, All,

Weird things are going on for me with this page. I can get to @Frozenoem 's latest post, but can't go back a page to give kudos to anything else. That darn "long running script" thing keeps popping up.

Anyway, it's cloudy here and getting warmer. Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be in the 90's again. I hear you @LaDolceVita! UGH!

Hope everyone is having a good week. N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 142

I think I’m back for now, weird week.

Last night it went down to 37*, great sleeping weather. Tomorrow 80’s return for a while, I know Winters coming but can’t think of it.

On mushrooms, unearthed my last bag of dried, vintage 1988.

Reconstituted in water and still good feel “Bigos” or Hunters Stew in my future.

If I find the recipe to go with last pkg of Moose in fridge. Not a hunter but, partial payment on computer recovery in meat.

Time to call my snowblower guy again, and get started on firewood hauling back to garage.

Enjoy

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 142

Miserably hot here folks.   We hit 96 yesterday after a morning low of 64.  Looking at 90s for about 10 days but the nights are getting cooler.   Life is hard enough without excessive heat.  Mom's companion is in the hospital again and life is tough here. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 142

GO PACK GO!

69861668_10157841020966929_3753987981493403648_n.jpgFB_IMG_1544984042897.jpgFB_IMG_1539726123321.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 142

MsStretch,

Thank you! For posting about the rewards forum, I totally forget to look there. See, Epster sent me the links to everything. However, I let someone use my phone, anyway , my phone went back to the original settings and all was lost. I am not great with my phone to begin with just funny 😂. But, I'm trying to catch up with the world. This is the reason when I find boxes in the unit it's such a surprise. I get so excited for the discovery. Just like a little kid 😂.  Thank you! For posting the details of the rewards for Goods program.

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 142

@n566192l wrote:

Greetings,

Just wanted to remind everyone to use your AARP rewards for goods points before September 24. They are changing the program. I understand that we will lose all of the points.

I have been logging in daily entering sweepstakes and donating the max points allowed each day for over a month  (You think I would have won something by now. Woman LOL)  Still have close to 90K points to unload, BUT not to worry.  This was recently posted in the Rewards For Good forum:

@AARPTeri wrote:

We can't thank you enough for your participation over the years, but our Thank You Sweepstakes can!  Any unused points you have when the program becomes AARP Rewards will automatically be entered for a chance to win one of the following:

Two Grand Prizes: $500 Visa® Prepaid Card

Two First Prizes:  $250 Visa® Prepaid Card

Five Second Prizes:  $100 Visa® Prepaid Card

Fifty Third Prizes:  $50 Visa® Prepaid Card

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.  Open only to consumers who have opted into the AARP Rewards For Good Loyalty program who are legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and are least 18 years of age.  See Official Rules for odds, how to enter by mail, how to opt-out of the automatic entries, and prize details, at https://bit.ly/31KiXec.  Mail in or Opt-out requests must be post marked by 9/23/19. Void where prohibited. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 142

Greetings,

Just wanted to remind everyone to use your AARP rewards for goods points before September 24. They are changing the program. I understand that we will lose all of the points.

I have to send a Big Thank you 😘 to  Epster. About 2 years back , she helped me navigate the program. I would have been so lost without the time and energy she spent helping me. Epster Rocks.,. Hope you are doing and Biking and 🐦 watching. Thanks Again Epster.

I  was able to help 10 veterans with clothes and other items they needed or wanted.  Again, my sincerest thanks, EPSTER. I have to redeem my points.

Just over cast here , but nice and cool 😎. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 142

@MsStretch ...I'm kind of a jinx, so I didn't even watch the first half, but then got swept up in the game as we started to make strides. I also meant to mention that my Acme (grocery store) gives a 5% discount on your total if you wear Eagles apparel on game day, so that kind of works out for me since I do my shopping on Sunday mornings and most games are on Sunday. It was fun to see everybody walking in with an Eagles shirt today. There was one couple who comes every Sunday who are Cowboys fans. I made the mistake of saying, "Even for a 5% discount you wouldn't wear Eagles?" And they almost jumped down my throat and barked back, "We just live in the wrong state!" Cat LOL

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 142

@catwoman500, yeah, that was painful to watch... to me anyway.  I have found over the past seasons, not to pay attention to the 1st half because whatever happened doesn't mean crap after halftime.  32-27 -- not as bad as I thought it was going to end up being, but a loss is a loss and a division loss is even worse.  *sighs*

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 142

@MsStretch ...sorry about that win, but YAY! Cat Very Happy

Not sure what the problem was, but it seems to be working OK now.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season