Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! November - December

Message 1 of 98

@n566192l ...Cat LOL

Saw the banana on the news the other day...what a load of you know what!

How stupid is the person that paid that amount of money??????

Maybe it's just a scam by the artist?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 98

Greetings,

Frozen love the tree you shared. I find that to be better ART, then the banana I saw with duck tape, being sold for 120 K. If someone can help me out with posting a picture I would appreciate it. I think We could all use a Good Laugh. 

Anyway just cold here in New Jersey. I am great full that the large tree on my front lawn is going to be removed.  Shrewsbury TWP is responsible for the tree and making all the arrangements. Just waiting for better weather.  I'm trying to turn the 🌲 into a wooden sculpture. Maybe I should just duck tape a banana on the tree.

Finally got over to the storage unit. I will be sending out Fun survival boxes. So sorry for the dely. I had some personal stuff to take care of first.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your day.

Don't be surprised if you receive a duck taped banana in the box.

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 98

Think it's 20 on this Saturday afternoon, still waiting for more than mere inches of snow. Rain/sleet it's just easier to leave snow on driveway/walkways.

@catwoman500 

When in doubt YouTube search can be your friend - for how to run your product update or scans.

Covers windows 10 updates to antivirus, antimalware, java, etc.

I tend to require a computer in front of me vs iPhone, that won't be happening until tomorrow, had to go upcountry slowly, at least all the potholes are covered in snow🤣.

Your pictures posted, and hopefully mine shall as well.

Had some friends out on the roads today, eating road salt for 

a little zing.F9617168-43C2-46E6-8BA5-D40F4CBE6065.jpegSalt lick from road salts

Enjoy

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 98

Happy Saturday, Everyone.

Today is Pearl Harbor Day. Ever been to Pearl Harbor? Very sad place.

Dad was stationed in Hawaii for a while, also North Africa.That was before I was born.

I think I have most of my Christmas shopping done. This past week I finally got the tree finished and most of the house decorations are up. Last night was the first night I turned on all the candles and the floodlight on the front door wreath. Glad my window candles are on at dusk/off at dawn type. Before that I was going upstairs every night to unplug the darn things. LOL!

On Thursday some of the girls went to this estate for Christmas tea. It was beautifully done. Took a picture of the fireplace in the room where we were seated. Hope it loads.

Next week is full. Temporary crown gets put in Monday, doctor's Tuesday, and then finally the nice things...Christmas lunch with the girls and a Chrsitmas breakfast with another group.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing lead-in to the holidays.

@Frozenoem ...The shot of those traps is great! Also...I have no idea how to do any of those tech things you mentioned. I am so not comfortable with anything that involves doing something /anything to the computer. I'm a visual learner and would have to have somone right here next to me showing me what to do and then watching as I do it. Cat LOL

Cairnwood.jpgMusic room fireplace at Cairnwood Estate

Xmas tree 2019 2.jpgMy tree this year

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 98

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Good afternoon, Porchers!

It's 38 degrees here. Feels like 28.  I'm sixty-something and I feel like it too! Smile. It's partly cloudy with breaks of sun and blue skies here and there. Still in my jammies and I don't feel bad about it.

My To Do list is nagging me, but I am doing my best to ignore it.  I think I'm winning--at least for now.  No real plans for today or tomorrow; nothing other than rest and relaxation. And binge watching Ray Donovan. Nice!

Hope everything is everything for everyone out there on Our Front Porch.  Best weekend wishes ever to you all.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 98

Good Friday morning to everyone on the Front Porch! We have a cool and bright day here with an expected high of 35*. Hoping everyone has a restful weekend to relax.

70895384_1137402733126643_8156280703424659456_n.png.jpg259256-Weekend.jpg73273554_10157097310719425_8305511704356192256_n.jpgFB_IMG_1556907837155.jpgFB_IMG_1551827140023.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 98

Love those 🦞trap trees! 🎄

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 98

Afternoon Thursday, 36* cloudy. Been busy playing pin cushion again.

As for decorating don't know, my wreath is coming the rest is missing. If it's in the attic it can remain up there.

So, I send you lobster traps instead from the coast.

23AC4639-5FFD-46CD-B206-068B8FBA21E8.jpeg

@catwoman500 

For your constipated computer, clear cache and cookies. Run updates, run virus scan and just for giggles try an antimalware scan.

Your issues have me stumped. When in doubt - Scan! And reboot your router, pull the plug, count to 20 and plug it back in.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 98

Good morning everyone on this first Tuesday of December 2019! It's a cool morning here on our Front Porch. Hoping you all have a nice afternoon.

There are 23 days before Christmas. I have put up some of our out door decorations today! How about you?

The first Stratford Point Lighthouse was built in 1822. In 1855 a fifth order lens was added to the 28-foot (8.5 m) wooden tower. In 1881, the tower and dwelling were razed and replaced with a 35-foot (11 m) tall, brick lined cast-iron tower and equipped with a third order Fresnel lens. The light was automated in 1970 with a modern beacon. It is an active aid to navigation and is used for Coast Guard housing.

The lighthouse was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.

78633636_3656591067692372_3171811422287953920_o.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 98

Hello, Everyone,

Well it looks like I'm back. It's almost like AARP gets constipated on my computer for a few days and then feels better. During the whole time I couldn't get on here via the computer I was still able to play AARP games. Go figure.

So this I what I was going to say on Black Friday...

Of course this was the year my friend put pumpkin pie back in the mix, so I had some for breakfast and then again at dinner. She also had this great chocolate cake. She sent me home with some turkey and stuffing! And I went to bed with some Tums… I’m so not used to eating so many different foods in one day!

Friday was my bimonthly trip to the bank and Fresh Market, etc., but I was afraid there was going to be so much traffic because of it being Black Friday…boy was I surprised! No one in the bank, hardly anyone in Fresh Market, not one car in Starbuck’s drive through, and no lines at the Giant (grocery store). Hardly any traffic either. It was so weird! I was smiling all the way!

Have (Hope you had) a good weekend…it’s time to jingle!

Very cold here with a little light snow yesterday and overnight last night.

Hoping the meme will post for me...

Thanksgiving cat and pie.jpgThis is how I felt Thanksgiving night!

Thanksgiving cake 2019.jpgHere's the cake that was served along with the pumpkin pie!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season